Apple Peanut Butter Muffins

When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. It sounded like a creative twist on traditional apple muffins and I mostly just wanted to experiment with it out of curiosity.

The end result? Definitely yummy. Different, but yummy. The peanut butter chips add a fun surprise and jive well with the apple flavors.

Are these the best muffins I’ve ever tasted? No, but they are good and hearty and perfect for fall!

Here’s my rendition of the recipe (because, oh yes, you know I tweaked it! :))…

Comments

As much as is possible, yes, because it’s definitely more expensive. I split a big bulk bag order from Azure with a friend not too long ago and that’s what I’ve been using recently.

1. AmyB says

Sounds like a great recipe! I suggest using coconut oil next time since olive oil goes rancid when heated at that temperature.

I think you could definitely try this! I’m not sure how a small scoop (>a tablespoon) would work in the middle, but as I said in my orignal post, I haven’t had the best experience mixing straight PB into muffin batter (it tends to get dry/heavy). I’d love to hear how it goes if you do try it. :)

These look so good. My family really loves muffins. I used to get my raw sugar at Winco Foods in the bulk but I haven’t see it at my store lately. I will have to get some at Azure with my next order and give these a try.

3. Brendainnj says

A note about where to purchase bulk raw sugar…when I was at Walmart the other day I discovered cane sugar in 2 lb. bags for $1.38! The brand is Zulka, located near the Florida Crystals & raw sugar boxes. It was easy to miss as it lays flat on the shelf. It’s not organic, but is not refined like white sugar. It is from Mexico. Although I prefer organic I think it’s still better than white sugar.

• A. Martinez says

I live down in Mexico, and just to let you know, “Zulka” is pure cane sugar with the artificial sweetners Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium added, so it may not be your best choice if you want all natural ingredients. :)

• A. Martinez says

Please disregard my above comment. While Zulka does make a sugar/ sweetener blend, they do also have a non-GMO, morena sugar too! I apologize for my error.

4. Michelle says

Can I sub applesauce for the chopped apples? My family won’t eat pieces in their muffins. Thanks!

5. A. M. says

Hi. I live down in Mexico. Just to let you know, “Zulka” that was mentioned in another post above, is pure cane sugar with the artificial sweeteners Sucralose and Acesulfame Potassium, so you may want to avoid it.

• A. M. says

Sorry about the duplicate comments (one above and the other here) about the Zulka…my first comment didn’t post when I submitted it, and then it did when I commented again…my internet is being weird. BTW Crystal, thank you for your menu planners, they have been a real time saver for this mother of 2. :)

• A. M. says

Oops, Sorry, I may have been mistaken…Zulka does make a non-GMO, unrefined sugar called “azucar morena” as well…my apologies.

6. Ruth says

Hey if you have a sec please see my apology on the Facebook post of this awesome recipe! :) I meant to be funny but reading it back I see how others thought it was rude – downright foolish of me! Please forgive the misunderstanding – I think you’re beyond awesome. :)