Corn Dog Muffins
Okay, so I know there’s a big debate over whether or not corn bread should be sweet or not. If you’re in the camp that says it should not be sweet, then this recipe probably isn’t for you.
But if you love a good piece of sweet, moist cornbread, you have got to try my World’s Best Honey Cornbread recipe. Because you know I don’t dub something “world’s best” unless I believe in all sincerity it is.
I took this recipe and used it to make Corn Dog Muffins, which are basically just a much easier way to make homemade corn dogs. Okay, so you don’t get to eat these on a stick like a typical corn dog, but the taste is exactly the same.
Last time I made Corn Dog Muffins, I put in a big chunk of beef dogs in the center of each muffin (see a photo of these here). I decided I wasn’t completely sure that I loved that idea, so this time, I cut the beef dogs into chunks and then put a spoonful of batter on the bottom of the muffin tin, some chunks of beef dog, and topped it with another spoonful of corn bread batter.
Jamie from Milk Allergy Mom has a dairy-free, egg-free version of these muffins here.
Are you joining us for Lunchbox Freezer Cooking? If you’ve blogged about a lunchbox recipes you’ve made for your freezer, leave a link to your post and recipe below. I can’t wait to see your yummy recipes and ideas!
Other posts in the Lunchbox Freezer Cooking series
- My Lunchbox Freezer Cooking Plan
- Bean & Cheese Burritos
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Day 2)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Mac N' Cheese Cups (Day 3)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Peanut Butter & Jelly Sushi (Day 4)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Chicken Broccoli Rice Cups (Day 5)
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Homemade Pizza Lunchables (Day 6)
- Homemade Chicken Salsa Pockets
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Mini Lasagnas (Day 8)
- Corn Dog Muffins
- Lunchbox Freezer Cooking: Allergen-Free Chocolate Crunch Bars (Day 10)
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
PREVIOUS POST: Good Reads: Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst