Crockpot Freezer Cooking Recipes

Looking for some more Crockpot Freezer Cooking Recipes? Check out Kojo Designs and Saving Your Dinero for their second round of Crockpot Freezer Cooking recipes and helpful tips.

Comments

I’m allergic to chicken so was saddened to see that ALL the recipes used chicken. I’d love to find some great freezer to crock pot -non chicken recipes. Any suggestions on sites for this?

If you click through their posts they link to both of their old posts and I think there are some beef recipes, if I’m remembering correctly.

• Jeanmarie says

My husband has an allergy to chicken as well, makes it difficult to make healthy meals. I do have some luck replacing chicken with turkey thighs (I know a little higher in fat, I at least remove the skin), turkey breast tenderloin (the thighs are better must be the fat) or pork tenderloin. I plan on trying these recipes with one of these substitutions.

2. April says

I also wish there were more non-chicken recipes – humanely-treated, organically fed chicken is SO expensive around here (more than twice the cost of grass-fed beef or organic pork) and so we don’t eat chicken very often at all. I clicked back through their other recipes and there are a few beef recipes and one pork chop recipe. Anyone know of a source for non-chicken freezer crock pot meals (including vegetarian)?

I am so thankful for these! I have a newborn baby and love to use my slow cooker during the postpartum time to save energy in the kitchen. Thanks for posting :-)

4. Gretchen says

I agree with the chicken comment. We stopped eating chicken breasts because they are so expensive if you try to buy local or organic. I do like the one whole chicken recipe. I would like more beef, pork or bean ones as well.

5. Lisa says

Last week I put together nine meals based on this post and am eating the first one tonight – the orange chicken recipe. Hoping it’s a good one!

6. Christine M says

Thanks for posting this! Being preggo w/ #5 has caused me to eat NO beef. Which saddens me but I’m thankful to find chicken on sale at our commissary for $2 for a whole chicken and $2.50 for chicken breasts. I find cooking w/ my crockpot helps on days when I am too tired to stand and cook and helps us not go out to eat =).