Crockpot Freezer Cooking Recipes

Looking for some more Crockpot Freezer Cooking Recipes? Check out Kojo Designs and Saving Your Dinero for their second round of Crockpot Freezer Cooking recipes and helpful tips.

Comments

• Jeanmarie says

My husband has an allergy to chicken as well, makes it difficult to make healthy meals. I do have some luck replacing chicken with turkey thighs (I know a little higher in fat, I at least remove the skin), turkey breast tenderloin (the thighs are better must be the fat) or pork tenderloin. I plan on trying these recipes with one of these substitutions.

• Dmarie says

Crockpot Italian Beef:
      (One of my favorites)

Ingredients:
      3 – 5 Lbs Lean Beef Roast
      (Think Top Round or Sirloin Tip)
      1 Lg Onion Thinly Sliced
      1 Pkt Dry Italian Dressing Mix
      1 Tbsp Prepared Pesto
      2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
      1 Jar Roasted Red Bell Pepper
      1 Jar Sliced Peperoncini
      2 Cups Beef Broth
      Sliced Provolone for Serving
      French Rolls

Directions:
      Brown all sides of roast
      Add browned roast and all ingredients except cheese and rolls to crockpot

Cook on low 6 hours
      Remove lid and shred beef with two forks
      Put lid back on crockpot and continue cooking 2 additional hours
      Serve on grilled French Rolls with provolone cheese
      Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

1. April says

I also wish there were more non-chicken recipes – humanely-treated, organically fed chicken is SO expensive around here (more than twice the cost of grass-fed beef or organic pork) and so we don’t eat chicken very often at all. I clicked back through their other recipes and there are a few beef recipes and one pork chop recipe. Anyone know of a source for non-chicken freezer crock pot meals (including vegetarian)?

I am so thankful for these! I have a newborn baby and love to use my slow cooker during the postpartum time to save energy in the kitchen. Thanks for posting :-)

3. Gretchen says

I agree with the chicken comment. We stopped eating chicken breasts because they are so expensive if you try to buy local or organic. I do like the one whole chicken recipe. I would like more beef, pork or bean ones as well.

4. Lisa says

Last week I put together nine meals based on this post and am eating the first one tonight – the orange chicken recipe. Hoping it’s a good one!

5. Christine M says

Thanks for posting this! Being preggo w/ #5 has caused me to eat NO beef. Which saddens me but I’m thankful to find chicken on sale at our commissary for $2 for a whole chicken and $2.50 for chicken breasts. I find cooking w/ my crockpot helps on days when I am too tired to stand and cook and helps us not go out to eat =).

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy