Target Shopping Trip: Spent $10.05

I stopped by Target earlier this week and here’s what I picked up:

2 2-liters of Sierra Mist — on sale for $1.33, used $1/1 coupons = $0.33 each after coupons

4 bags of frozen vegetables — priced at $0.99 each, used $1/4 coupon = $0.74 each after coupons

1 International Delight Coffee Creamer — priced at $3.14, used free coupon = free after coupon

1 gallon milk — $2.99

1 Up & Up Ibuprofen — priced at $0.99, used $1/1 coupon = free after coupon

3 Revlon nail files — priced at $1.69, used $2/1 coupon = free after coupon

1 Up & Up Baby Shampoo — priced at $1.52, used $1/1 coupon = $0.52 after coupon

1 Up & Up Baby Wash — priced at $1.52, used $1/1 coupon = $0.52 after coupon

1 6-pack of Dannon Pure — priced at $1.99, used $0.75/1 Target coupon = $1.24 after coupon

1 Up & Up Liquid soap — priced at $0.99, used $0.50/1 coupon = $0.49 after coupon

Total with tax: $10.05

Comments

this is a awesome shopping trip you did hopefully I can get a printer soon and print out these awesome coupons you always provide us because I really need to save money shopping.

2. Cris says

My favorite store hands down!

Just would like to share how your website, guest posts and even readers’ comments influenced me today while there… I found an adorable t-shirt in my son’s size but the price was a little high for this cheap girl ($6.50 on clearance – 50% off). I put it in my cart I though maybe I could scan it and see if it was even lower… well, it wasn’t. So I thought how I could buy 13 t-shirts at a garage sale for that price, at least 6 at goodwill, etc etc, you get the picture. What if I put it back, would I find it at 70% off later on? Or would they all be gone? There were only 3 in 2 different sizes left… To many people out there this sounds SO crazy but when you really have to watch your budget these little things become very important. Then I remembered that me in my husband had agreed on a fun money category starting this month (he is the one who needs that since he doesn’t control his spending well) and how you always say all this saving and shopping with coupons can drag you down sometimes when you never get to do or have anything fun. So I just kept it and paid for it with my fun money cash separate from the groceries without any guilt left. By the way, the shirt seems a little on the big size so with some luck he will be wearing it for a while!

Thanks Crystal for all you do, you impact so many lives everyday!

3. Jackie says

Hey Crystal ever thought of making your own liquid hand soap. I tried one time when I ran out after I had my son. You boil a large stock pot of water on the stove and grate two bars of soap. I used ivory which ended up being free after coupons. I boiled the flakes down and stirred it really good then put the lid on and left it for the night. The next day I stuck my immersion blender stick into the jelly mixture and had a nice liquid soap that filled at least three large dial refill containers. I know that it doesn’t cost much to buy liquid soap, but that is one thing I do because it doesn’t take me much time and I can do other things while I am working on this. Loving your site.

Jackie, I make my own liquid soap too! (Glad to ‘meet’ another ‘soap maker’.:)

I used pieces of our leftover anti-bacterial soap. I have a bucket I keep in the shower and if they get too soft or too small, I pitch them in the bucket. When I’m ready to make soap, I use about a cup of them and dump them in an empty gallon container. I boil about 2 quarts of water and pour it over them and stir until they seem dissolved, then I finish filling the container with hot water. Wallah! 1 gallon of basically free soap ;-)

4. AB says

Good haul. But is the ibuprofen coupon no longer available? I’m unable to find it at the moment.

5. Wendy says

Great haul! I find I’m liking the Up & Up store brand on a lot of things and if you watch for them, you can find the Target coupons that bring the price even further down. I save a ton on contact solutions just by buying the Up & Up brand.

This is insane!!! I live in NYC and we pay $10 just to breathe, keep up the inspiration love your blog!