This week’s menu

Baked Oatmeal

Breakfasts

Cereal
Baked Oatmeal
Scrambled eggs, fruit, Grain-Free Coffee Cake
Blueberry muffins, fruit, hard-boiled eggs
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit
Healthy Homemade Poptarts, hard-boiled eggs, fruit
Baked Oatmeal

Lunches

Leftovers
PB&J, carrot sticks, apples, granola bars
Snack-y lunch
Chips, refried beans, veggies, fruit
Rice & beans, carrot sticks, apples
Salmon, veggies, fruit, corn chips
Leftovers

Dinners

Dinner with extended family
Goulash, veggies, fruit salad, sweet potatoes
Hamburgers, corn on the cob, steamed veggies, fruit, Salt & Vinegar Broiled Potatoes
Marinated chicken, steamed veggies, fruit salad, rice, sweet potatoes
Haystacks
Dinner with extended family
Dinner out

Freezer Cooking/Make Ahead Projects

Healthy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Healthy Homemade Poptarts
Sweet Potatoes

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

Thank you, Crystal, for the Breakfast Cookie idea a few weeks ago…(except I used chocolate chips :) ) My daughter was SO excited to have “Chocolate Chip Cookies” for breakfast today, and I loved that they had lots of protein and no added sugar!
    Here is our menu for this week:
    Although, for the Ravioli tonight, I only had Stuffed Shells in the freezer, and accidentally defrosted Minestrone instead of Marinara! Gotta love pregnancy brain :)

2. Charity says

I made the PB cups recently…addictive…just warning you ;)

Are y’all still eating (mostly) gluten free?

3. Lisa says

Tonight-Grilled shrimp + bay scallop kabobs with roasted sweet peppers.

Tues- Chicken quesidillas.

Wed. Left over chicken made into chicken salad stuffed into baked potatoes, topped with melted cheese.

Thurs-Frozen pizza-Mom will be out of town.

Fri- Mom will still be out of town, so dad will make cheeseburger subs for the kids, served with a salad.

That baked oatmeal is a superb idea! Why have I never thought of that before?! I am going to try it this week for sure!!! Beats buying expensive granola bars!

I’ve only made baked oatmeal once. No one liked it the day I made it, but a few days later, we all loved it cold… not sure why that is, but I guess I should give baked oatmeal another try :)

I love your menu plans- I pinned three of the recipes you shared this week (salt and vinegar potatoes, grain free coffee cake, and healthy homemade coffee cake).

I tried to keep my meal plan simple this week– 4 dinners from one rotisserie chicken! I also experimented with Quinoa Nuggets… it’s an idea in process, but I think it could be promising :)

6. Nicole says

I see you have steamed veggies as a side dish on the menu. I have recently started making roasted veggies (broccoli, carrots, asparagus, potatoes) in the oven and they are really good! I can’t believe it took me so long to make veggies this way. You do have to turn on the oven to make them, so maybe try it when it gets cooler again.

• Andrea says

Roasted veggies are a current favorite at our house. Brussels sprouts are even good when roasted ;)

My menu doesn’t get posted until morning, so I’ll post it tomorrow. However, I wanted to ask a question about the baked oatmeal so that I can make it for breakfast tomorrow. It looks fantastic, by the way. I noticed on the recipe that her recipe for large casserole dish is a little different than the one you linked to for personal size baked oatmeal. In the picture, which recipe did you use?

I’m so excited for breakfast tomorrow!

Michelle

I made the baked oatmeal last week and so that will cover breakfast and snacks for me and the hubs this week. Lunches are always leftovers or sandwiches, and dinners will be tacos, crock pot chicken & rice, spaghetti, and possibly something new… I feel the need to search online recipes and Pinterest for something else. I’ve found so many great recipes on Pinterest recently. A fun non-meal thing I’m making this week are the Reese’s eggs. My hubs loves them, so I’m going to try the hand made sort to see if he likes them even better. :)

My daughter and I made the baked oatmeal last night and we LOVE it! I am so glad you had a link to that in your menu for the week. I can’t wait to go through the rest of your meal plan and make something else. Thanks for posting this every week! It definitely helps me make healthier items for my kidlets!

10. jules says

Crystal,

I would love to know each week where your family decides to eat out and what coupon you used to make it affordable!

We usually go to Jason’s Deli or Cracker Barrel. Occasionally fast food — especially now that we have a Chick-fil-A in town!

11. Rose says

I have officially started a menu plan and have stuck with it for the last two days. Tonight we are having a vegetarian penne. I am going to find a place to fill in the poptarts and peanut butter cups. Thank you for all your great suggestions. My kids like to look at the menu and see whats for each meal. It will take some practice as I do need to work on the groceries I have on hand versus buying more for what I am making.

12. Melissa says

I had never considered using coconut flour for our gluten free cooking given the high price it carries. I saw you were using it and so figured it must be frugal, and am trying it out. It is expensive, but you use so little. I made cupcakes with it, but am not terribly impressed. I can feel the coconut in them.

13. AC says

Mind me asking if you’ve subbed gluten free flours for the whole wheat flour called for in the poptarts and if so, which ones? I rarely ever (EVER) bought Pop Tarts but once we went gluten free, I see them in the store and stare. Longingly. :-)

14. Marnie says

I made these individual baked oatmeal this morning for myself and hubby. We loved it. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks!

I stumble on a post you did back in 2009. It was on meatballs that you made before your baby and froze for later meals. I can’t find the recipe. Is this something you can share.

And on another note, I’ve sooo enjoyed your website. I tell many friends and family about it. I’ve learned some great tips. You are very organized and are an inspiration to me. And I love that you are a woman/family of faith. This keeps me coming back to your site almost daily. Thank You!
    Mary Strong