Target: Gevalia coffee for $3.99 per bag

Here’s a great deal on coffee at Target this week:

Buy 1 bag of Gevalia Coffee (12 oz.) at $6.99
Use $2/1 Gevalia Coffee coupon from the 2/26 SmartSource insert
Stack with $1/1 Gevalia Coffee Target coupon
$3.99 per bag after coupons

Have any of you tried this coffee? Did you like it and what brand would you compare it to, if any?

Thanks, Common Sense With Money!

Comments

• anon says

Yes, many of the flavors come in whole bean. I love the House blend and the traditional roast is very good too.

1. Denae says

Wish I would’ve had the 2/1 coupon! I have tried it before and it’s not too bad for the price.

2. Lisa says

I’m from Sweden and have had this coffee a lot! They are total coffee snobs in Sweden and my family don’t like any of the coffee in this country. I used to bring back several packs in my suitcase when traveling, and then discovered that they sold this coffee at IKEA cheap ($3.99). However, now IKEA has decided to only sell their own brand, so no more Gevalia there. In short, I LOVE this coffee, but for that price, I am a bit hesitant. I currently drink Melitta, but I think I might go back to Gevalia — especially when there is a deal. Yum

• Lisa says

I haven’t yet seen or tried it, but I’m guessing that it will be very, very similar to the Gevalia coffee, so probably worth buying too, assuming the price is till relatively low. There were some issues about rolling out the IKEA brand because they were removing the original brand products from the shelves before their own brand were being manufactured and stocked — leaving the shelves bare and customers upset. Because I haven’t been to one of their stores for a while, I don’t know what’s going on. But like I said, I’m guessing that their own coffee with also be very good. Swedes loves their coffee and drink more per capita than any other country in the world. :-)

• Allie says

I personally LOVE it! It is a simple, bold roast. You can get a free cup when you have an IKEA family card and you are there shopping.

3. Becky says

We alternate among a few brands that I can usually get a good price on (Folgers and Eight O’Clock primarily), but I picked up a bag of this recently with a good sale & coupon, and hubby said it was really good. Pregnancy #2 is treating me a lot rougher thus far than #1 did, and coffee is one of many turns-my-stomach items, so I haven’t tried it. (I know, I know, I don’t need coffee while pregnant anyway.) :)

4. Sarah says

Very good. I do not like Starbucks—too dark/bitter. I tried the medium blend (don’t remember the name), and it was delicious. I usually like flavored blends (eg, vanilla), but this didn’t need extra flavor.

• anon says

I agree I do not like Starbucks either. I love Trader Joe’s. I have tried Gevalia’s Traditional Roast and House Blend. Both are very, very good.

5. Ellen says

This is DELICIOUS coffee! I would compare it to Illy brand or european coffee (if you’ve ever been so blessed as to travel there)– it’s got a richer, more robust, almost silky feel to it. I find that I use less grounds to make a cup of coffee with this brand since it’s got such a strong flavor. I saw whole bean variety in my kroger, but my local target had only the ground variety. I went ahead and bought ground coffee (which I seldom do), and I am very happy with the grind and the freshness of the coffee. I’ve never been too much of a coffee snob before, but this has definitely changed my mind!

Crystal, please let us know what you think if you decide to try it! I love this coffee!!!

My husband and I drink coffee a lot. I picked up a bag of this Gevalia coffee on Monday as a very nice coupon fairy had left the $2/1 Q on the shelf and the coffee was already on sale! We like it a lot, smooth taste, not too weak, not too bitter. I’m not sure who I would compare it to though… perhaps Peet’s coffee. And it’s Swedish, how cool is that? :) I’m off to Ikea this afternoon for a fun outing with a friend, so I will have to see how much the Ikea coffee is going for, too!

I work as a product demonstrator and was sampling this coffee just this past Sunday. I’m not a coffee snob, usually I don’t worry about the flavor b/c I put so much cream and sugar in it. But the Gevalia was great. It is smooth and not at all bitter. I used less cream and sugar in it and really enjoyed it. I was making samples of the Traditional roast. Excellent flavor.

8. Deanna says

I was so sad to see that my Target does not carry Gevalia. I picked it up at Meijer the other day and my husband loved it. He is used to Folgers or Millstone; his eyes lit up when he tastes Gevalia. Hopefully, they will continue to put coupons in the newspaper because my husband is sold.

9. Sofia says

I am Swedish and absolutely love this coffee, really miss it now that I am travelling in Southeast Asia, the coffee here is so bitter that I have to put sugar in it, which I never ever do at home. I am definitely what you would call a coffee snob, I truly don’t want to be but I am just used to great coffee that I can’t help it!:)