Football Food Freezer Cooking Frenzy

Remember when I posted about the gal who made 46 freezer meals in four hours for a total of $95? Well, not only did I get to meet this amazing woman at the Harrisburg Reader Meet-up, but she also told me that she’d recently posted about her Football Food Freezer Cooking Frenzy.

Head over and read how she made a bunch of Football Food for her Freezer in just a matter of a few hours. I promise you’ll be inspired!

Comments

1. Wendy says

Wow those meats are cheap! Iwish I could find meat that cheap here. Even marked down it’s still expensive and never under $3.

2. Heather says

Wow, I can’t get past those meat prices! For those of you who live near prices like that, consider yourself very, very blessed!!

Freezer cooking for football, brilliant! Those sausage stars look amazing. I can’t wait to try that recipe. It reminds me of Southwestern Eggrolls with a twist. I think I’ll have fill the freezer with appetizers like this for the holiday season. Never again would I be worried about what to bring.

This is just the inspiration I needed today! I am finishing up prepping the (cough) 120 pounds of bulk chicken I picked up today and getting into my very first adventure of freezer cooking. Thank you for sharing, Crystal.

4. ashley turner says

the price of that meat was unbelieveable!!!!!its never that cheap around here . I am lucky if i find it under 3 a lb and that is the “reduced for quick sale ” stuff

5. Samantha says

I did a freezer cooking day today! Nothing this amazing, but I made 3 beef stew packets, two strombolis, two loaves of honey wheat bread dough, 32 pigs in a blanket with homemade crissonts, two cheesy chicken meals, two chicken alfredo meals, two chicken parm meals, (I tend to cook in twos lol) and a big bag of chicken and bbq sauce for quesodillas. ! =] Tomorrow im at it again.

This is so inspiring. I’m very curious about freezer cooking, and I may try it very soon. I’m not very good at budgeting and meal planning, but I am trying to learn.

Thanks for all the great comments!

Ora- I’ve never had a problem with freezer burn if I use a ziploc bag and just squeeze out the excess air. The only time I’ve had freezer burn issues is if I put them in plastic or glass containers.

Kimberly- 120 lbs. of chicken would make me want to cry and jump for joy at the same time!! Holy cow!!

Samantha- Uh, what you did today is completely amazing!!! That bread sounds delicious! I really have to get my bread maker back out and give it another go!

Thanks again, Crystal!

8. betsy says

somehow I’m not seeing the link to the full information. also, I have a problem knowing how long it can stay in the freezer and still use it. i put stuff in there and then I never end up eating it because i’m afraid it’s been in too long. I am really interested in reading more about this. thanks!

9. Darlene says

thoroughly enjoyed reading this post on how to do the meals for the football team and having sat. free…so needed this…hope to try it myself sometime…may not find the meats as cheap..but if you shop around you can..you have to DIG.. of which i have loved to do for years whether i have a coupon or not…it can also depend upon the store you’re at..

10. Tammy says

This is truly amazing. AMAZING! But I feel totally overwhelmed when thinking about trying to do that myself. I can picture it all – I would make one big messy flop. I am just not very efficient or skilled in the kitchen. :(