This Week’s Pumpkin-Themed Menu

Glazed Cinnamon Scones

We’re having a Pumpkin theme for our menu this week to celebrate the beginning of Autumn and just because I’m excited that the weather is cooler so I can bake again. If the recipes turn out, I’ll share pictures and how I adapted them later on this week.

Breakfasts

Cereal, juice
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins, fried eggs
Apple Pie Crockpot Oatmeal
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup, scrambled eggs
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Pumpkin Pie French Toast, fruit
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Lunches

Snack-y lunch
PB&J, carrot sticks
Salad with hard-boiled eggs, feta cheese, dried cranberries, toasted rolls
Macaroni & Cheese, frozen veggies, fruit

Dinner with extended family x 2
Dinner out

Freezer Cooking Projects

Homemade Pizza Pockets
Easy Morning Glory Muffins
Pumpkin Scones

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

Comments

Crystal-
    You have NO idea! I made pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins last week, and have the muffins and pumpkin hot cocoa planned for this week too! (Of course, it was 89 here today, but a girl can dream, right?)

Here is our healthy but delicious (aka well-balanced :) ) $65 menu:

I always enjoy seeing your menus, and can’t wait for your Freezer in an Hour cooking posts. We just found out we’re expecting #2, and I have a few more weeks before the nausea will kick in, so I’m making and freezing meals so my family won’t have to eat PB&J for three months. Again… :)

Heh, three years ago when I was in early pregnancy in the fall, I got a bunch of pumpkins free at the local grocery store right after Halloween. I cooked them all and made pumpkin soups, rolls, oatmeal, everything. Unfortunately before long I could not bear the taste or smell of pumpkin and I haven’t made any of those things since!

Maybe this year.

I’m still that way with Thanksgiving food. I found out I was pregnant shortly after Thanksgiving (when all you eat are leftovers for a week), and it was the last food I had before having hyperemesis gravidarum for 30 weeks…sooooo, we don’t eat much turkey here anymore :)

• Meredith says

I’m that way with eggplant and raviolis! 6 years and 2 pregnancies later, I still can’t eat them together. Separately, yes:) I had hyperemesis with both of my children…
        Good luck, Sara! I hope you have an easier time with the morning sickness.

Thanks Meredith! I’m only 5 weeks along with #2, but #1 will be 4 years old by the time I have this one. Something like hyperemesis makes you really think twice about getting pregnant again! But, sick or not, we feel blessed and we’re excited. (Though, I am praying that God would spare me from the sickness this time ;) )

• Meredith says

I’m praying for you, too! During my second pregnancy, I gave in and started taking the medication I refused my first time. It was a lifesaver!! After landing myself in the ER for dehydration from the vomiting, I realized I couldn’t go on the way I was, especially with an 18 month old at home. I encourage you to talk with your doctor about it. Morning sickness, or ‘all the time’ sickness, as it was for me, was horrible, but worth it for my beautiful children. Good luck!

Thank you! I already had the OB call in the Zofran…only thing that helped last time. I’ll try to hold off until the 2nd trimester, but I took the Zofran up until delivery last time. Spared me a lot of pain in the ER!

The little ones are definitely worth everything. Which, I guess, is why women continue to have more babies…that or we’re crazy ;)

I was going to post something similar! Last year I got really bad morning sickness after eating some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I didn’t want pumpkin (nor did I even want to see or smell it) all fall! It was kinda disappointing since I typically love anything made with pumpkin! I’m hoping that this year I can make up for that! We’ll see! :)

3. Maria says

So is anyone else having a hard time finding canned pumpkin in the stores? My local Walmart and Grocery stores don’t have any on the shelf! I have been subbing squash in my recipes, but it didn’t do the trick when I tried to make a homemade pumpkin spice latte.

My boys loved the pumpkin pancakes; they just finished up the ones from the freezer this morning from last weekend! I’ve made the pumpkin latte several times, and I just made (and ate) pumpkin pie for the first time tonight! I’m planning to make the pumpkin french toast tomorrow.
    I always love your menus! :)

So many of these items sound delicious. I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins yesterday from one of your older posts and they were delicious. I, of course, made a couple changes to use what I had on hand, but they were a definite hit. I can’t wait to try some of these recipes.

I like those glazed cinnamon scones, Crystal. I’ve made them a few times since the first time I saw you post about them.

It’s still in the 80s here too, but it’s raining so it seems like fall when I sit in my AC and look outside – so I used up the last of last year’s pumpkin that I had in the freezer with muffins, pumpkin bread, etc. Yesterday I found large pumpkins at Walmart for $3.88 so I got one & can start again!

7. shelley says

Wow-you only have to cook dinner four times this week! I don’t have dinners with my family so it’s a full seven days for me.

I know! We’re quite spoiled. We’re so blessed to live near family–and it’s something we try not to take for granted after living away for a few years. I feel badly for so many of you who don’t have family close by.

I love your cinnamon scones. I can’t wait to see what you think of the pumpkin scones. They turned out fabulous for me! I made Pumpkin Cream Cheese last night to top Laura’s (Heavenly Homemakers) Cinnamon Swirl Bread. It was yum! I had pureed about 10 cups of pumpkin, and have made the scones, Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Pumpkin Cream Cheese, and Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. I also made a blueberry version of the Martha Stewart oatmeal smoothie, and it was really good.

Yum! I got a 1/2 bushel of apples last week and have been cooking everything apple lately. When those are gone I still have last year’s stash of cranberries and pumpkin to go through. I love Fall!

I don’t have a meal plan this week because my mom is coming to visit and is insisting upon cooking every night. Talk about lucky!

Ooooh! How I admire the weekly meal plans. I’m not quite there on discovering how to be organized but I’ll get there eventually.

I love all of the pumpkin ideas! I JUST learned on Saturday how to get pumpkin stuff out of an actual pumpkin and now I have great ideas on how to use it. Thank you for everyone’s ideas!

11. Teria says

For the pizza pockets without a bread machine do you have.to let the dough rise or anything?? I really wanna make these but I just can’t get dough to rise.

12. Tabitha says

Wow! I loved looking at your menu and recipes, and browsing for more. I’m a big fan of pumpkin, though we always use butternut squash instead. A favorite pumpkin main dish at our house is the Black Bean ‘n’ Pumpkin Chili, a contest-winner at Taste of Home last year or in 2009. It’s delicious and so simple! We like to serve ours with grated cheese, sour cream, and broken tortilla chips.

“If the recipes turn out?!” These cinnamon scones look like they’re fresh from the bakery – made by a seasoned pro! Can I come over? lol

14. Pam says

I have been waiting for pumpkin season!!! I just made some pumpkin cream cheese muffins yesterday…yum. Can’t wait to try a couple of these recipes.

i LOVE pumpkin season. your pumpkin oatmeal made me think of our pumpkin baked oatmeal which is a big hit around here. i love all things pumpkin!!

16. Elias says

Thanks for the Broccoli cheddar soup link. I’ve been looking for a good recipe and my kids love it so it’s win win. :) Our week looks like this:

Homeade pizza and salad (I love the Publix dough)
    Chicken and rice, squash and green beans
    Broccoli cheddar soup and salad
    Ravioli and Green beans
    Beef Stew
    Leftovers
    Butternut Mac and Cheese with Brocolli

My grocery bills including stocking up on sale items, diapers and cleaning products are hitting about $150-200. I haven’t quite figured out how to lower them..