Do-It-Yourself: Homemade Paint With Water Pages

I love this idea! Jenae from I Can Teach My Child shows you how to make your own Paint With Water Pages.

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

Comments

1. Michelle K says

Ok, so I had to snicker when she wrote VINTAGE book from 1979….The year I was born, I didn’t know I had reached the vintage mark so early! HAHA Looks like a fun project that my kiddos would enjoy.

2. Amy f;) says

yeah – I like the watercolor pencils idea better too-
    I am wondering if the recipe in the link will stain, because the color is from food coloring?

3. Erika says

I would have NEVER thought of doing this–but I am excited to try. I have spent years (literally) looking for paint-with-water books without finding any. Thanks for sharing–especially with the watercolor pencils idea!

A friend and I were just talking about how our older children (now teens and preteens) loved paint with water books and now I can’t find them for my toddler. Thanks!

5. Nikki W says

Thanks for sharing this link! I’ve already found 4 crafts that I can’t wait to do with my preschooler, including this one.

6. Jennifer says

I found some in the bargain section of Books-A-Million for a buck in the spring! They had Hotwheels and Hello Kittty, and I put them in the kids’ Easter baskets. They made a total water mess, but loved them:)

7. Nicole Z. says

Jenae has the cutest craft ideas! I want her to come to my house and teach my kids. We have been making her toilet paper roll penguins for about 2 weeks now and singing the “I’m a little penguin song”. I can’t wait to start on this painting project. I think I owned the vintage book she mentioned…then again I am vintage (born in the bicentennial year no less!)

8. Amanda says

Yay, I am thrilled about this! My daughter loves these books but I only see the same few in stores. Thanks so much for posting this link!