Tell Your Time: The method which has revolutionized my time management — only $7 today!

Six months ago, I was overwhelmed, overworked and over-committed. I was exhausted, I was stressed, and my family, marriage, health and home were suffering.

I’d been praying about hiring an assistant and God just kept bringing me back to Amy. While she’d never worked as a virtual assistant before, she had the skills and the heart I was looking for. So I offered her the job, she accepted and my life is forever changed.

Not only has Amy taken over a lot of the load of the behind-the-scenes responsibilities which come along with running a blog with a lot of readers, but Amy has helped me get my personal life back in order. And this has brought incredible peace back into our home and family.

I waited four months after implementing these life-changing things before sharing them with you, because I wanted to make sure they were lasting changes, not just something I started and raved about on my blog and then ended up falling off the bandwagon after two weeks.

The changes and calm have stayed… for four whole month!

Just a few of the changes which have come as a result of implementing the things Amy shares in her book:

::I’m spending much less time online.

::I’m spending more time in God’s Word and prayer.

::I’m spending a lot more time loving and enjoying my husband and children at a leisurely pace.

::We’re more involved in our church and community.

::I’ve been reading a book every other week or so.

::I’m exercising for at least 45 minutes to an hour almost every day.

::We’re eating more healthfully.

::We’re reading and praying together as a family on a very regular basis.

::We’re delighting in learning together and exploring more new places, people and concepts in our homeschooling.

::I’m actually keeping up with the laundry and cleaning — most days!

::And believe it or not, I’m getting around 7-8 hours of sleep almost every night.

Now, please don’t get any impression that we’ve got all our ducks in alphabetized rows around here. I’ll be sharing my journey towards becoming a better manager of time beginning on Friday of this week and I have a feeling I’m going to disappoint every one of you because you’re going to learn once and for all that I am not superwoman. I’m actually doing a lot less, so that I can focus on what really matters.

I’ll be fleshing out a lot of the things Amy shares in her book and how we’ve applied the principles in our own lives. But I want to go ahead and encourage you to buy a copy of Amy’s brand-new ebook, Tell Your Time: How to Manage Your Schedule So You Can Live Fulfilled.

It’s priced at an introductory rate of only $7 through Friday, November 5, 2010 when you use coupon code MoneySavingMom at checkout. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed, over-committed or just plain exhausted, I think you’ll find the tips and tricks in this ebook to be revolutionary. At least I know they’ve changed my life!

So, what are you waiting for? Go buy your downloadable copy of Amy’s ebook for only $7! Just use coupon code MoneySavingMom at checkout to get this deal.

Comments

1. Crystal B. says

I’m sure I could definitely use this. I have been really seeking for something to help me in those areas, but our finances are sooooo tight that I just can’t justify spending $$$ on a self-help type of book because more often than not I tend to lack the follow through to actually implement the suggestions, however good they may be.

It sounds awesome though and I wish Amy the best of luck with it :)

Stay tuned for my series next week. Amy’s going to do a guest post on Time Budgeting, too. I think (I hope!) it will be an encouragement and really helpful to those who can’t afford the book.

• Crystal B. says

@Crystal, Thanks! And, to be honest it’s more of a personal thing because I know that my follow through/commitment isn’t where it needs to be. If she could sell THAT for $5, I’d be all over it ;)

So happy to see you promoting this! I tore through my copy last night and am SO happy to start instilling these practices into my life. I’m thrilled to see that now everyone will be getting Amy’s wise thoughts for such a bargain price!

3. Kim says

Link just worked for me. Looking forward to the book and practicing. Thanks again Crystal! You are simply wonderful!

4. Renee says

I couldn’t access the page either. So I tried to go directly to the e-junkies site. It accepted my code. However, I got an email saying this is a download. I thought I was buying the actual book. Please help!!

I just got mine! Crystal, I really appreciated your testimony of how much Amy has helped you. But, even if you didn’t share how much Amy has helped you, I would’ve bought it based on the last few fabulous posts she had on her blog.

If any of you bloggers aren’t reading Amy’s blog, you should be: http://bloggingwithamy.com/

I would love to get this book, I am such need at this time of my life but we simply cannot afford it. I have tried to look and scrimp everywhere for that measly $5 but we just can’t. My husband was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) in March of 2010 which has turned our lives upside down. I am trying to continue to homeschool, work part time, manage doctors, disability benefts, find the equipment he needs and the organizations to help us and still manage his care which is growing more and more each week. I am so burnt out and overwhelmed and would love some direction on how to manage my time, eliminate the unnecessary etc. While I cannot afford the book myself, I will definitely be watching your series and following Amy (I read both blogs faithfully) and will glean what I can. I would love to be able to say like you have Crystal, that I am juggling things a lot better someday!

7. Carrie says

Is there a way to pay by check? I don’t have a Paypal account and I’m still skeptical of putting credit card numbers on the internet no matter how “secure” the site says it is. Thanks.

8. Melissa says

Out of curiosity, the “weekly schedule” that it talks about- are those printable lists of tasks to check off daily to help make sure you’re managing most daily tasks and keeping up with cleaning, etc.? I’m looking for something like that….if that makes sense…not sure how to put into words what exactly I am looking for. :)

I’m going to be sharing some resources for that in the series, but this book covers more time management, not household management. Stay tuned and I’ll share resources which have helped me, along with my own list (which I might make into a printable, if I get around to it!).

9. JUHYUN says

Yes, I got it!
    Even though I’m not a blogger like , I “desperately” need to manage my time as a mom, wife and one of His daughter!!

Thank you, Crystal as always and bless you.

10. lisa says

did i do this right? the book came up as only 27 pages? is it more than this, or is it only 27 pages?

@lisa, Hi Lisa! Yes, you did do it right. Total pages are 27. :) I thought I had written on my blog “a lot of practical information in less than 30 pages” but maybe I was unclear. I’ll go right over to check and edit! Thanks so much!

Thanks for letting us know about this! I just purchased it, and boy could I use it. We have six kiddos, home school and we’re trying to start a home business – it’s hard to fit it all in and do it all thoroughly while still living our home life the way we want. Thanks again! :)

12. Jennifer says

I don’t normally buy these things, but have decided to try. I am currently having the opposite problem that most people are having – too much time on my hands. We recently relocated back to Australia and have been holed up in an apartment for 8 weeks with very little of our “stuff”. At first it was awful, but it has become wonderful and the kids imagination is just overflowing more than ever, we’re making new things with “junk” every day for toys and we’re spending lots of time together. AT the same time, I am letting household things (like laundry) go as “I have all the time in the world” – I’m not feeling like I’m using my time productively, well or to the best of my ability. Our container arrives next week and we move back into our house, so I know we’ll be busy then – but part of my busy-ness is going to be paring down our stuff even more!

As for the e-book, I had a quick glance, and the Q1, Q2 format is a time management strategy I did about 7 years ago when in advertising – they spent a HUGE amount of money for our entire department to be trained in this so we’d all be using the same method. When implemented, it works really well. And if you can get your partner on board as well so you’re both using the same time management system, you’ll find the household works much more smoothly.

13. lisa says

ok, thank you amy…i was just worried that all the pages didn’t come through when i downloaded it. thanks! it has a lot of great information!

14. Amanda Hagler says

I really feel as if God is testing me right now with this book! I am the worst at time management… there are nights I am in tears because I feel like such a failure when it comes to managing my time between a relationship with God, a full time job, my husband, and my 2 year old. I feel like all the important things in my life are neglected because of my high stress job (I am a social worker for special needs children and adults) and I am failing miserably at following the order God sets for all of us. I have been struggling and praying about this for months and watching different aspects of my life fall apart due to neglect on my part. THEN yesterday me and my husband made a commitment to ourselves and God to cut back all our extra spending and live below our means in order to get out of the horrible debt we started are marriage in. Now this book is out and I desperately want to buy it because I know I NEED it… but I am so torn with breaking my promise on cutting out all extra spending already! Such conflict!

• Carrie says

@Amanda Hagler, Hello, Amanda. You have the same last name as my maiden name. Don’t see too many Haglers so I wanted to say, “Hello.” How do you pronounce it? My family pronounces it “Hay” vs “Hag”.

• Carrie says

@Amanda Hagler, Hi, Amanda! I also feel as if I fail miserably in time management even though I’m home all day with my daughter. I’ll be praying for you. I also wanted to comment on your comment because your last name is the same as my maiden name. You don’t find too many of us Haglers around.

• Beth says

@Amanda Hagler, you are not alone in that! I too have felt majorly overwhelmed with my CRAZY schedule and I know I can’t keep going like this. I have always been good about doing morning devos but I seem to be falling asleep everymorning in the midst of them (and then ending up a bit late for work). I have been working this summer on a better schedule but it seems the more I try the more obligations I get into! My biggest problem is some of my exstended family overly relies on me and a church ministry I am in that has grown from meeting 2 times a week to 4 times a week! I work full time but am trying to work to market a skill I have so that I can work for myself, but I can’t get that ball rolling with all these other obligations!
      Will pray for you and me both that we can master this time management thing!

• Beth says

@Beth, ps-I am with you on the conflict of buying the book too. Just last week we decided to cut all extra spending this month to speed up savings for a ministry we plan to begin.

15. Elizabeth Sue says

I just got done buying and reading this book and all I can say is, WOW! Where has this book been my whole life? I love the easy to use concepts. I am looking foward to re-reading and applying these skills to my life. Thanks Crystal for another great recomendation about a useful product!

16. Michelle says

I would really love to get this, and the updated price on this site says $7, but there is not a code associated with it and it is listed for $12 (the code for $5 has expired).

Am I missing something? Can I get it for $7?

17. Jim says

My wife and I have been having a heckuva time keeping our time straight, between my two jobs, her job and online courses and, of course, our whirling dervish of a one-year-old. This looks like it just might help :)

18. Erin says

I just downloaded this e-book but I am disappointed that it is not compatible with my Kindle. Next time please consider letting consumers know that the book is only available in .PDF or even better, make it available in a couple of different formats! Thanks.

19. Kellye says

My copy has been downloading for over 30 mintues. Something must be wrong, especially if it is only 27 pages. I am scared to cancel even though I have 5 attempts. Any advice? When I started the download, I chose “save” and named a location. Was that right?

Looking forward to reading!

@Kellye, I had the same problem. I had clicked “save” and named a location. It was taking forever! So…I clicked “cancel”, went back to my email and started over. I think underneath the link in the email it says that you can attempt to download the link up to 5 times. This time I clicked “open” and then it came up almost instantly. Once it opens in Adobe, go to File and then click save a copy…Hope this helps! : )

20. Kellye says

Never mind! This time I chose “Open” with no problem. Then I saved it.
    Maybe this will help someone else…..I thought I was fairly tech savvy. LOL.

I’m tempted to buy – all the ways you said your life has changed, my life needs that dramatic change! But our budget (okay who am I kidding) – we just don’t have the money (or a budget). We’ve got to get serious!

I’m so looking forward to your new series on Friday.

22. Beth says

I am very excited about this new series and this ebook. I am away from home for work but hopefully I will be able to get it downloaded! I have been majorly overwhelmed in my schedule lately. I am extremely overwhlemed and feel some family, ministries, and people that I care for have not been respecting my time and energy. I NEVER have enough sleep and there is so much I am behind on! Thanks so much Crystal and Amy for covering time management issues! I am sure it will be a tremendous blessing to many!

I downloaded my copy yesterday. It’s killing me to wait to read it but I knew this morning after breakfast while the littles play blocks, it would be a good time….so here I go…

{Looking forward to the series this week and we know you’re not Superwoman but we think you’re a super woman anyway!}

24. Diana says

Crystal, don’t think you will disappoint us by “not being superwoman”–that’s not why we read your blog! :) We read your blog because you’re a normal person who manages to find awesome ways to live life differently. Looking forward to the new series–what a great topic.