See why I don’t pay for coupons?

I wrote not too long ago about how I never pay for the newspaper or coupons. When a quick stop at the recycling bin always reaps a stack of inserts like is shown above, it’s hard to justify, wouldn’t you say?

Plus, if I end up not having time to clip them all, I don’t have any guilt in just chucking them back into the recycling bin because I didn’t pay a penny for them!

(And yes, I really do throw out coupons sometimes. My mantra is, “Do what you can do, with what you’ve got, where you are.” Sometimes, that means I just have to let coupon-clipping go for a week or two or four, because much more important things need my attention — like my precious children!)

Comments

My Wal-Mart has coupon inserts for the asking Sunday mornings! I get them before heading to church. This Sunday, I took 3 of each: RR, SS & PG. So that’s a total of 9 FREE inserts! Otherwise if I have to buy, I use my ECBs and get them at CVS.

2. mdc says

I can not believe all the people that go to the recycling bins to get coupons. Is it not gross?? I just don’t know what to think about that!

3. Sandy says

FYI, you can always use RR’s at Walgreen’s and ECB’s at CVS to purchase Sunday papers.

4. Claudia says

I was shocked yesterday whenI found coupons in an older Sunday paper at the library yesterday. I felt like I scored jackpot!

I don’t know if my comment will get lost in the shuffle, but I just wanted to comment for any other readers in the Orlando area. The Orlando Sentinel costs $1 at drug stores on Sundays and has all the coupon inserts in it. I used to work it into my drug store deals to get the paper free, but just this week I found that the spanish version of the Sentinel, called El Sentinel, is FREE, and includes all of the same coupon inserts. Even better, when I went to Bravo Supermarket (a spanish food chain), they had a stack of El Sentinel newspapers in the rack, but next to them was a stack of coupon inserts that were left behind by people who took the paper but weren’t interested in the inserts! I got the inserts from 6 newspapers, totally free. :)

• Emily says

@Lavonne, Just out of curiousity, were the coupons in Spanish? I live in South Dakota, we don’t have a lot of diversity.

@Emily,
        No, the newspaper was in Spanish, but the inserts were exactly the same as the inserts in the Orlando Sentinel, and all in English. I noticed a little bit of a difference in the layout of the coupons. I did buy one Orlando Sentinel, and when I was clipping the Pantene coupon, I noticed that the advertisement was on top of the page with the coupons at the bottom, whereas with the El Sentinel, the advertisement was at the bottom with the coupons at the top of the page. Same advertisement, same coupons. And when I flipped through the rest of the insert, all of the coupons were there and the same values, just laid out differently on some of the pages.

6. Jimalee says

Another option is to keep all of your expired coupons to send to army bases – They can use coupons in the commissary that are up to 6 months expired.