Freezer Cooking in June

FishMama is hosting Freezer Cooking Days this weekend over at her blog. You can follow along over there and join in and link up if you’d like.

I’d love to be participating but we’re attending a homeschool conference this weekend. Plus, we’re in the process of trying to empty out the freezer. Any guesses as to why that would be the case?! :)

Comments

1. Brett Marie says

yeah! you’re moving! can’t wait to see what God has blessed you with ;)

2. Dawn says

I have been impatiently waiting to hear about your home purchase! Have a great conference!

3. Blaire Ruch says

that is so exciting! i’m thrilled for you, and will pray for logistics, energy and peace amidst the chaos of moving! :)

Yay, a house?? You’re my inspiration. I am in awe at what you and your family have been able to achieve (with a lot of help from above !).

5. tammy says

Well I know why *I* start to empty out my freezer. :) Yay! Embrace the whole, crazy process.

6. Jessica says

I’m SO happy and excited for you and your family. Praise the Lord and all His wondrous ways!

7. Lana says

We moved a full freezer from Florida to South Carolina 16 years ago. It was in January though. We stuffed every crack with crumpld newspaper and then ran an extension cord out the back of the moving truck until we pulled out . It held just fine for 48 hours until we could plug it back in. I did get rid of things like ice cream and frozen juices that would have thawed quickly and make a mess. We didn’t have time to eat a whole deep freezer full as we only had a 2 week notice that we were going. It worked out fine. I wouldn’t have done this in the heat of the summer.

8. Erika says

That’s awesome, Crystal! I look forward to being in the same position some day as we move to a bigger home. Until then I’ll just envy your home (upon occasion ;).

9. Denise G. says

Could it be that you’re moving into your new house? I’m so excited for you!

10. Kim Nevels says

Congrats if it’s a house! We just bought our first home 6 months ago. If you are moving nearby, I’d say don’t empty your freezer. Work on filling it up! Make as many meals ahead of time as possible and freeze them. then, during the long days of packing and unpacking, you don’t have to worry about getting dinner on the table and can avoid the temptation to hit the drive-thru. Fill any ice chests you have (& consider borrowing from family/friends) and most freezer food will stay good for several hours. Of course, there are exceptions of soft foods like ice cream. Anyway, hope your closing and moving are smooth & easy!