Southwest Roll-ups

My sister-in-law brought all the chicken pre-cooked and chopped for the Freezer Cooking Day, which saved us lots of time and effort. We used it to make a few of the recipes–including one of our favorites, Southwest Roll-ups.

southwest roll ups

This recipe is so simple, uses inexpensive ingredients, and freezes really well.

Comments

1. Celena says

I make these all the time now! I love that they are so quick and easy. I’ve actually found that there is no need to thaw them. I put them into the oven straight out of the freezer, and bake for about 30 minutes. Turn out wonderful! Yum! My 13 month old daughter can eat a whole one all by herself, she loves them! :)

2. Kimiko says

Just a quick tip. If you stick the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds before rolling, they’ll be soft and won’t crack.

3. Lisa says

Does this make 8 or 16 servings? It says 16 tortillas, 16 servings, but only uses 1/8 of the mixture on each tortilla. Did I miss something? Is sounds delicious, but I want to get it right. Thanks!

4. katy says

I make something similar to these, but also add rice and a handful of frozen corn. Instead of baking them I “grill” them on all sides in a non-stick skillet so the tortilla gets crispy. Love them!

5. shirley says

Do you make your own tortillas? I have been making mine for the last couple of years, but I am not sure exactly how to get them just right for making burritos. I make breakfast burritos, which my husband loves, but if I use homemade they are too thick and not big enough. Any suggestions?

I can’t remember the last time I let lard in the house. Can you substitute butter for the lard and get away with it??