Brown Sugar Biscuit Twists

This recipe is one of our family’s very favorite recipes. I originally adapted it from an old, falling-apart Better Homes and Gardens bread cookbook my mom had when we were growing up. I’ve made these countless times and they are so easy to do and so yummy!

We like to serve these fresh out of the oven on Christmas morning. They are also great paired with an Egg, Ham, and Cheese casserole and fruit for a simple Christmas brunch.

Comments

Those look great! I think that when we make our family Caramel Rolls later this month, I’ll put some of these in the freezer too, to serve for January tea times!

2. Lana says

These look great as I am allergic to yeast and am always happy to have a new recipe that doesn’t take yeast. I think I would add cinnamon because we nuts about cinnamon rolls at our house.

3. Lauren says

MMMMM! I’m drooling! I hope you post a picture of them all cooked up. These are definitely going to get made in the next week at my house!!

4. DawnP says

I’ve done these with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and these look SO MUCH BETTER! :) Am always looking for more recipes for using Cream of Tarter (seems like my little McCormick’s lasts me about 5 years…). I think we’ll have to try these this weekend!

5. angela rogers says

wondering how you freeze just the dough? I’ve tried diff methods and it usually bust the bag, etc? thanks

6. Stephanie says

I will have to try these.

On a side note…I tried your pumpkin rolls for Thanksgiving and they were delicious but a little dense. Since this was the first time I made anything breadlike I have no idea why. Any suggestions?

7. Dakota says

Those sound/look good!!! Wish I had some brown sugar on hand, I’d bake some up tomorrow…..

8. Liz says

I second Stephanie’s comment – the pumpkin rolls were my first attempt at baking bread and they did get dense. Are we missing something???

9. Kacy says

I’ve made these before *using half whole wheat flour* and they were YUMMY! My husband gobbled them up REAL quick!

Oh, Crystal! these look soooo yummy! I’m going to print the recipe off for my mommy. :) We all love things like this…. looking forward to trying them out!

xo, Abigail

looks like you had a good day with OAMC

I joined in today for the first time, without much of a plan, but … still turned out ok! I will be posting my thoughts on it tonight.

This looks so yummy! I am just starting with freezer cooking. I am glad to see that you can freeze biscuit dough. I made homemade biscuits a couple of weeks agoa nd the whole family loved them! So much better than pillsbury. I am going to try to make a bunch for the freezer.

13. KJ says

I’m going to show my cooking stupidity here….what is a pastry blender? Looks like something I’d love to try out, if I could just figure out what that is! :)

14. Erin says

You never cease to amaze me. I can’t wait to try these. I am going brunch Christmas morning…my first time…eeek! These couldn’t be anything but a hit!

15. Julia says

These have become a family favorite since you posted these around Christmas last year…my boys ask for them by name!

16. ES says

I made these last year after getting this recipe from one of your other blogs. They are very simple and VERY delicious. Better than anything you can buy in a can :). I did one batch with cinnamon/sugar/butter to mimmic cinnamon rolls (even rolled them like cinnamon rolls). My boys are 2 and 5 and I think a double batch AT LEAST will be necessary this Christmas. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe.

17. Sarah says

KJ- a pastry blender is one of those kitchen tools I know I have but couldnt find it if i had to. Its shaped into kind of a half circle with a flat top(that part is the handle) and the circular part is the blades that kind of look like some one took the tines of a fork and bent them around. Google it, because I think my explanation is begining to sound nuts! LOL HTH

Definitely going to try these. I like that you can freeze them. They remind me of cinnamon twists my mom makes — not as often as I’d like and which I really should learn to make — which are just rolled out pie crust sprinkled with cinnamon sugar & dabbed with butter, rolled up in a spiral roll and baked. Mmm-mmm. I’m also going to try your pumpkin pancakes.

19. Melissa says

My question is the same as Ashley’s….these look awesome, but how do I bake them from the freezer? Thanks, I just love your blog – your freezer cooking days inspire me every time!

******************
    Money Saving Mom here: Depending upon how you froze them, I’d just thaw the dough and make it up and bake or just thaw the twists and bake them according to the directions. Either way should work beautifully!

20. Coby says

We love this recipe of yours in our house. So easy to whip up and I always have everything for these on hand. I love to add cinnamon to the brown sugar for an added flavor too.

21. Jodi says

I made these for breakfast this morning- they are wonderful! I added about 2 Tbsp. of softened cream cheese to the icing, and it was yummy! Thanks for the great recipe.