In a very big and bold move, I decided to not set yearly goals in 2020. That might seem super out of character for someone like me who has long been a huge proponent of goal-setting.
And it is very unusual. But I feel so happy about this change for this year.
Here’s why: I’m writing a book, having a baby, and we’re likely taking in at least one (if not multiple) kids who are in foster care for longterm placement this year. And those are just the things I know are on tap for 2020!
Because of this, I decided not to set yearly goals (especially considering how all the unexpected played into my goal-setting in 2019) and I’ll be setting weekly goals instead.
I’ll be sharing these goals every Monday here on the blog. I’m guessing that there will be somewhere between 6-12 goals each week, depending upon the week and how much is on my plate that week.
Even though it’s not quite 2020 yet, I decided to jump in and start weekly goal-setting today. Here’s my list of goals for this week:
2020: Week 1 — Goals
1. Get in 50,000 steps total.
3. Get up at 5:30 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
4. Declutter the entire house (This has needed to be done for months! Follow along on Instagram stories this week as I’ll be sharing more behind-the-scenes of my decluttering!)
5. Finish reading aloud A Single Shard together.
6. Start a new family devotional book together. (Any great suggestions for this?)
7. Spend 12 hours on my manuscript outline.
8. Open up the blogging Mastermind to new members.
9. Get everything ready for course sale next week.
Word of the Year Goals
10. Pop popcorn and watch a movie as a family.
11. Take Kaitlynn out shopping.
12. Make tea, light a candle, and write thank you notes.
*Note: I’ll be sharing my word of the year for 2020 tomorrow. Any guesses as to what it is, based upon goals #10-#12 above?
Want to join me in weekly goal-setting? I’d love for you to check in every Monday and share how you did on last week’s goals + your goals for the coming week. Leave your goals for this week in the comments below!