Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family (two adults, two teenagers, one preteen, and two babies*). This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunch for Jesse and me (the kids have lunches at school most days), snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
*Note: Champ’s formula is currently being covered by the state since he’s in foster care. Kierstyn is nursing, but we are supplementing with formula each day since my supply is low despite all my efforts to increase it. We have a separate budget for her formula. We also haven’t bought any diapers because friends have been so generous and have gifted us with so many diapers that we haven’t had to buy any yet! We may change the budget in the near future as the babies get older and their needs change. We’ll see!
Since I didn’t spend all of our grocery budget last week, I rolled it over to this week and used some of it for our groceries. Here’s what I bought…
Kroger Shopping Trip:
- Toilet paper — $3.29
- Toilet paper — $2.39
- Kroger Cinnamon Cereal — $1.49
- Kroger Toasted Oats — $1.49
- Kroger Honey Nut Oats — $1.49
- 2 bags frozen veggies — $1 each
- 5 lbs butter — $1.99 each
- 8 bags/blocks cheese — 4 for $5
- Sumptown coffee — marked down to $0.79
- Mott’s Fruit Snacks — $2.99
- Almond Breeze Nog — marked down to $1.69
- Ritz crackers — $1.99
- Bananas — marked down to $1.23 + $0.97
- Spinach — marked down to $0.79
- Salad Kit — marked down to $1.29
- Cupcakes — marked down to $1.99
- Milk — $2.39
- Sweet Potatoes — $0.39/lb. — $3.42
- 2 bags of peppers — marked down to $0.99 each
- Eggs — marked down to $1.49
- Chicken — marked down to $5.67, $4.11, $4.39
- Pork Loin — marked down to $3.89
- Total with tax $79.35
Want to learn some of my best tips and tricks for cutting your grocery bill? Sign up here for my FREE tip sheet on how to cut your grocery bill by $50 this week.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!