Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
I was excited about the deals we found this week and we ate some really yummy food!
Kroger Shopping Trip #1
- 2 bags of avocados — marked down to $0.99 each
- 3 bags of potatoes — marked down to $0.99 each
- 1 bag peppers — marked down to $0.99
- Milk — $2.99
- 1 container cottage cheese — $2
- 2 heads lettuce — $1.79 each
- 1 bag of apples — marked down to $0.99
- Total with tax: $17.05
Some of the apples in the markdown bag above were Granny Smith, which none of us are fond of eating raw. So I made Cinnamon Apples in the Instant Pot with them.
These were a HUGE hit with the kids and they ate them up in just a few minutes. Next time, I definitely need to double the recipe!
I was so excited about a few of the Weekend Deals at Kroger — especially the cheese deal!
Kroger Shopping Trip #2:
- La Croix — $1.99 per 8-pack with Friday-Sunday deals
- Classico Pasta Sauce — $0.99 each with Friday-Sunday deals
- 5 Simple Truth Greek yogurts — marked down to $0.49 each
- 2 bags of Quaker Rice Snacks — $0.99 when you buy 10 participating items
- 3 boxes Swiss Miss — $0.99 when you buy 10 participating items
- 5 bags/packages Kroger cheese — $1.29 with Friday-Sunday deals
- 2 containers cottage cheese — $1.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- Coconut sugar — marked down to $0.99
- 3 boxes pasta — $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- 1 box pasta — marked down to $0.39
- Taco Kit — marked down to $0.99
- Half & Half — $1.49
- 5 cans Green Giant veggies — $0.49 each when you buy 10 participating items
- Grapes — $0.99/lb.
- 2 packages meat — marked down to $2.50 each
- Milk — $2.79
- Honeycrisp apples — 3 lb. bag for $2.99
- 4 cans Swanson broth — $0.49 each when buy 10 participating items
- Total with tax: $48.34
Dinners From This Past Week
- Sunday — Frozen pizza, leftovers (fend for yourself)
- Monday — Chicken Tetrazzini, Best Ever Bran Muffins, Green Beans, Celery with peanut butter
- Tuesday — Chicken Noodle Soup, Biscuits, Grapefruit, Pumpkin Bars
- Wednesday — Pumpkin Pancakes, Bacon, Cinnamon Apples in the Instant Pot
- Thursday — Roast with Potatoes and Carrots and Onions in the crockpot
- Friday — $0.45 Potato Soup with bacon and cheese
- Sunday — Dinner out
What did you eat at your house this week? Any winner frugal recipes you tried that you think we should try?
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!