As you well know, I tend to be just a little bit frugal. Er, well, maybe more like a lot frugal. My husband says that if I were left on my own, I’d never spend any money on myself. I love to spend money on others, but when it comes to me, I’ll just keep using and re-using whatever I already have.
That’s not always a bad thing… especially considering all of the money it has saved us over the years. Sometimes we lose sight of just how much these simple things we do really benefit our lives. And it’s time that we celebrated the simple savings!
Welcome to Frugal Photo Friday! For the next month I am partnering with Rebekah from SimplyRebekah to bring you a fun series dedicated to inspiring others and celebrating our simple savings. We’ll be sharing photos each Friday of simple ways that we save money. And we’d love for you to join us!
How it will work:
Each Friday in October Rebekah and I will share pictures on our blogs that demonstrate ways that we save money. At the end of our posts we’ll have a link-up where you can share a link to your own blog post. Your Frugal Photo Friday post should include at least one photograph along with a brief caption or story that explains how you saved money.
We will have themes for each Friday. Feel free to share photos that fit either of the themes for that week.
October 5 – Kids, Bath & Beauty
October 12 – Food & Fun
October 19 – Home & Decor
October 26 – Anything Goes!
- No blog? You can also share your pictures on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FrugalPhotoFriday.
- Frugal Photo Friday posts will go live on Friday mornings and the link-up will stay open until Sunday night at 11:59 PM.
- You will only need to share your link on one of our blogs and it will automatically be displayed on both blogs.
- Please link directly to your Frugal Photo Friday post and not to your homepage.
- Feel free to grab the Frugal Photo Friday button to use in your post.
- Please include a link back to Money Saving Mom or Simply Rebekah in your post so others can be encouraged by all the savings.
- There is no time limit on your savings. We want to see things that saved you money this week, last month, last year, or beyond!
To kick things off, Rebekah and I are each sharing a photo of a simple way we save. Here’s mine:
Making Starbucks at Home
Wait, you don’t think Starbucks coffee is frugal? Well, let me tell you, it’s a whole lot cheaper to make your own Starbucks at home then to buy it at the coffee shop.
Sure, I’d save even more money if I gave up coffee altogether. But brewing my morning cup puts a smile on my face. I sit and savor it — and it just starts my day off on the right foot.
After lots of practice, I’ve learned how to make coffee at home just exactly how Jesse and I love it. In fact, we both agree that I can brew a better cup of coffee than any coffee shop we’ve visited.
So not only have we saved a lot of money by making coffee at home, we just plain think the coffee we make at home is better. Win-win!
Head over to SimplyRebekah for her photo and tip on how she saves money on gift wrap.