I’m so proud of my real-life friend, Jenae. Not only has she created a wildly successful blog, I Can Teach My Child (if you have young children or work with young children, you’ll find loads of inspiration and ideas there!), but she’s just released her very first ebook (something I’ve been encouraging her to do for a long time!)
I Can Teach My Child to Read is a step-by-step guide for helping parents with the basic fundamentals of teaching a child to read in simple, easy-to-understand language that can be implemented the minute you set this book down. Jenae was a first grade teacher for three years and has her Master’s in Education, plus she’s the mom of two young boys. So she has lots of experience with teaching young children to read!
From the Amazon salespage:
You are your child’s first and most important teacher! Whether your child will attend public school, private school, or be homeschooled…what you do in the early years of her life will greatly impact her reading ability for years to come.
What You Can Expect to Learn From This Book:
- A balanced approach towards reading with comprehension and enjoyment as the ultimate goal.
- The importance of reading aloud to your child even after she has become a proficient reader herself.
- Tips for teaching your child to identify the letters of the alphabet within her environment.
- Activities that promote literacy while incorporating multiple senses and areas of development.
- Comprehension strategies that ensure your child is remembering and retaining what she has read.
- Simple phonemic awareness activities that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine.
- The necessity for teaching phonics and sight words.
- Decoding strategies that will engage your child.
- Tips on choosing “just right” books for your child to read independently.
Written by an award-winning educator and mother of two, this book will leave you feeling equipped and empowered to begin teaching your child to read!
(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)