From Upside Down Homeschooling:
One of my favorite housekeeping and parenting tips is to employ the “cleanup blitz.” It’s simply a quick and easy way to keep the house tidy so that the day can run more efficiently. It’s also another great opportunity to teach your kids home stewardship and life skills.
How to Use the Clean Up Blitz
We use the cleanup blitz for transition times in our home. I simply say “time for a cleanup blitz!” and off we go! Our blitzes often happen before lunch, before naps or bedtime, before school time, and before leaving the house. Once it becomes a habit, each child quickly does their job and can be done in about 5-10 minutes.
When we aren’t gearing up to leave the house, I inspect their work. If it’s not up to standard, they go back and finish and possibly do another related chore before moving on to the next part of the day.
Here’s how to use your Cleanup Blitz Cards:
- Assign each child one or more card and mark them with their initials
- Spend some time in hands-on training, helping them master cleaning that area up to your standards.
- Use the checklist on the cards for self-inspection or inspection by Mom.
- Use the Extra Chores section for ideas on chores you can add to their task if they are being lazy in their work.
- Marking the card with a star is a great way to encourage diligence and a job well done!
>>Download your FREE Printable Clean-Up Blitz Cards<<