Anne emailed in the following about back to school deals she got and donated recently:
My husband’s company is having a school supply drive for the YWCA. I told him I wanted to see how many supplies we could get for $5.
We paid $4.79 for the 29 items pictured. I owe it to Money Saving Mom® for teaching me how to coupon and how to find local deals through region-specific blogs.
My husband and I did separate transactions at Target (because their coupons state one coupon per guest):
- 1 up&up pack of filler paper – FREE after $1.50/1 Target printable coupon
- 2 Mead folders – FREE after $1/2 Target printable coupon
- 2 Mead folders – FREE after $1/2 printable coupon
- 3 up&up crayons – $0.50 after a B2G1 free Target printable coupon
- We used reusable bags and got an additional $0.05 off each.
For $0.90 before sales tax, we got 16 items at Target!
We went to the Friends and Family Sale at Fred Meyer, a store in the Pacific Northwest. All school supplies were 15% off with a printable coupon I found on a regional blog:
- 6 spiral notebooks (sale price of $0.19) for $0.16 each – total of $0.96
- 4 packs of Bic pens (sale price of $0.99) for $0.84 each – used 2 $1.50/2 printable coupons – total of $0.36 each
- 2 packs of pencils (sale price of $0.79) for $0.67 each – total of $1.34
- 1 pack of erasers (sale price of $0.50) for $0.42
- We used a reusable bag and got an additional $0.05 off.
For $3.03 before sales tax, we got 13 items at Fred Meyer!
I also have a 2-pack of Sharpies that aren’t pictured and are the 30th item. I got them while grocery shopping on a 10/$10 sale at QFC (a Kroger-brand store) with a $1/1 e-coupon – so they were FREE!
In case you’re keeping track, the sales tax was $0.86 total.
After 11 years of teaching fifth and then second grade, I left teaching this June to stay home with our 9-month old daughter. I’m glad we’re able to contribute during back to school time in a small way!
Have you gotten a great deal thanks to a tip you’ve found here on MoneySavingMom.com? Take a picture of your deal/purchase and write a short post on the deal details and submit it here. If your submission is chosen to be posted, I’ll send you a $25 Amazon gift card! Note: the more creative, unique, and well-written your post, the more chance it will have of being posted.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!