As you well know, I tend to be just a little bit frugal. Er, well, maybe more like a lot frugal. My husband says that if I were left on my own, I’d never spend any money on myself. I love to spend money on others, but when it comes to me, I’ll just keep using and re-using whatever I already have. 🙂
That’s not always a bad thing… especially considering all of the money it has saved us over the years. Sometimes we lose sight of just how much these simple things we do really benefit our lives. And it’s time that we celebrated the simple savings!
Welcome to Frugal Photo Friday! Like we did last year, during the month of October, I am partnering with Rebekah from SimplyRebekah (that’s us above at a conference last year!) to bring you a fun series dedicated to inspiring others and celebrating our simple savings. We’ll be sharing photos each Friday of simple ways that we save money. And we’d love for you to join us!
How it will work:
Each Friday in October Rebekah and I will share pictures on our blogs that demonstrate ways that we save money. At the end of our posts we’ll have a link-up where you can share a link to your own blog post. Your Frugal Photo Friday post should include at least one photograph along with a brief caption or story that explains how you saved money.
- No blog? You can also share your pictures on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FrugalPhotoFriday.
- Frugal Photo Friday posts will go live on Friday mornings and the link-up will stay open until Sunday night at 11:59 PM.
- You will only need to share your link on one of our blogs and it will automatically be displayed on both blogs.
- Please link directly to your Frugal Photo Friday post and not to your homepage.
- Feel free to grab the Frugal Photo Friday button to use in your post.
- Please include a link back to Money Saving Mom® or Simply Rebekah in your post so others can be encouraged by all the savings.
- There is no time limit on your savings. We want to see things that saved you money this week, last month, last year, or beyond!
Unlike last year, we won’t have themes for each week. Instead, we’re leaving it wide open for you to share any Frugal Photo you’d like!
You can see our posts from last year, if you need some examples to help get the creative wheels turning in your brain:
My Frugal Photo Friday Posts from Last Year
- Making Starbucks at Home
- The Library & Cooking with Kids
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Finding Great Deals on Photography
- Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Rebekah’s Frugal Photo Friday Posts from Last Year
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!