Red Earth Trading Co. was founded by Travis Gravette in 2010 with the mission of creating a brand that is as life-changing as it is fashionable. While working in East Africa Travis was continually inspired by the talent and creativity of the local artisan community.
From extremely poor to middle class, these artisans shared a similar challenge, surviving on a volatile tourism market. He saw an opportunity to help them expand beyond their local market and grow their businesses and create new jobs through selling their creations online.
Red Earth Trading Co. was started to do just that. Here’s how it works:
How the Folks at Red Earth Trading Co. Operate:
1. We build relationships with artisans in developing nations that, create exceptional products, value their employees and desire to make a difference in their community.
2. We work directly with our artisans to design and create quality products that are fashionable.
3. We pay at or above fair market prices on all products and pay up front for each order.
4. We import our products to the U.S. and sell them for a profit.
5. We cover our expenses and reinvest in the business.
6. At the end of the year our profits are given to sustain the community development work of Know Think Act.
How cool is that?
When Travis contacted me about doing a giveaway, I immediately was impressed with his mission and passion for helping these impoverished communities — and I knew you would be, too.
You know what I love most? They don’t just work with the artisan to create fashionable products that will sell, they also teach them principles to help them be successful entrepreneurs. As a result, they are helping to lift families out of poverty, build a strong middle class, and create opportunity for generations to come.
I love it! You can read more about their mission, work, and vision in the Our Story section of their site.
If you have the extra wiggle room in your budget, I’d encourage you to check out the items that they offer on their site and see if there is something that would be great for yourself, for a gift for a friend, or maybe for Mother’s Day. They have a fairly wide variety of styles and varieties on their site — a little something for everyone!
I just bought three pieces myself because I want to support the work that Travis is doing. If each of us give where we can give and support causes that are making a difference like this, we can have a huge impact on the world… one little step at a time!
Three winners will win one of each of the following:
- 1 Brass Link Bracelet
- 1 Birds of Paradise Necklace
- 1 Many Tribes Necklace
- 1 Eastern Antiquity Necklace
- 1 pair of Circumference Earrings
Yes, three winners get all five items! You can keep them for yourself or give them as gifts to friends!
To enter to win a prize package from Red Earth Trading Co. with all five pieces, click on the graphic below and type in your name and email address. Three winners will be chosen and posted on Tuesday. This giveaway ends Saturday, April 27, at 11:59 pm, CST.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!