Need some last minute gift ideas? I put together a list of 25+ gifts that would not only be appreciated by almost everyone, but that can be easily made or purchased at the last minute! (You might also find these Best Gifts for Neighbors or Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas helpful!)
Shipping cut-off deadlines are earlier than usual this year! Looking for easy last minute gift ideas that you can still pull together? All of these are easy to make or throw together with a simple trip to the store.
25 Last Minute Gift Ideas
1. A Christmas ornament (Here are 25 different DIY Ornament ideas.)
2. A gift card for take out
3. A homemade meal or freezer meal
4. A movie theater gift card
7. An easy to care for house plant
8. Winter accessories gift basket with a cute hat, gloves, scarves, and lip gloss
9. Car stuff in a wash bucket
10. Stove Top Potpourri (here are some creative ways on how to gift it)
11. A gift subscription to a magazine
12. Fresh flowers
13. Make a donation to a charity in their name
14. A local coffee shop gift card
17. Homemade Fudge
19. Homemade Banana Bread or Muffins
21. Gingerbread House Kit
4 More Ideas from Followers
26. We love to give Party Mix! My husband makes several gallons and I put it in small goody bags! Everyone who comes to our door gets one! Also the neighbors, friends, and church staff! -Rebecca
(Here’s a super easy recipe for Christmas Trail Mix.)
27. One of my favorite last minute gift ideas is to create calendars and photo magnets from the Walgreens photo department. They have same day pick up and run really great deals. -Kelly
28. I like to put together a little gift basket or box with a bag of microwave popcorn, movie candies ($1 or less at the store), and a $10 Amazon gift card for a movie night. -Karissa
29. I buy pretty containers and fill them with homemade peppermint bark, peanut brittle, and turtles. This year, I found some cute glass jars with metal latches at Dollar Tree and I found a recipe for Chai Latte Mix to fill them up. -Robin
What are some of your favorite last minute gift ideas?
I’ve received these and really enjoyed them:
Popped popcorn drizzled with chocolate in a clear bag with pretty ribbon.
A stack of 8 large Ginger Cookies also in a clear bag with nice ribbon.
A box of brownie mix, spatula, and oven mitt.
Batteries(I got a whole gift bag full of them for a different occasion, but it was awesome!)
Kohl’s cash is available until the 20th, so if you have any you can use that for last minute items. I recently gave someone Christmas dish towels, and they liked them a lot.
My children have great quality stuffed animals and books from Kohl’s Cares. They are normally at the entrances and are $10 and under. They have a great Christmas selection and regular selection. The stuffed animal/book combos are $10.
Lowes has poinsettia plants for 2.98 in a 1 quart pot. I had gotten some during the Black Friday sales for 88 cents each and have some for gifts.
Wow! Thanks for all these GREAT ideas! -Meg, MSM Team