It’s Day 5 of the 21 Days to a Simple Christmas Challenge! Now that you’ve got your Christmas budget in place and determined who you’re going to buy presents for, and figured out what you’re going to buy/make, it’s take to figure out the specific details of when you’re going to shop or make your gifts.
Creative wrapping idea: Make your own gift bows!
If you’re buying presents, sit down today and determine:
- When will you take the time to buy these gifts? Will you be buying online or in-store?
- Look at your calendar and schedule a shopping time. I’d encourage you to schedule an extra hour or two more than you think you’ll need just to give you some breathing room and prevent feeling stressed.
- Also, make a list of what you’re planning to buy at which stores. Map out a route that is the most efficient for the different stores you’ll need to stop at.
If you’re making presents, sit down today and determine:
- When will you take the time to make these presents?
- Do you need to purchase any supplies? If so, when will you purchase the supplies?
- Look at your calendar and schedule time(s) to make these gifts. I’d encourage you to schedule an extra few hours more than you think you’ll need just to give you some breathing room and prevent feeling stressed.
Creative Wrapping Idea: Use old maps as gift wrap!
Do you need to buy any wrapping supplies? If so, add these to your list. Check the creative wrapping ideas in Chapter 3 if you need ideas.
Day 5 Project
1. If you didn’t get a chance to do so yesterday, read chapter 3 from Celebrating & Savoring a Simple Christmas. (Did you sign up for your free copy yet? If not, click here and fill out the form to be emailed a copy.)
2. Schedule when you’ll do your Christmas shopping/gift-making. Evaluate each item on your list to make sure you have the time and money to pull it off. If not, pare down your plan so that it’s realistic and doable.
3. Come back at around 9 p.m. EST tonight and I’ll have a follow-up post sharing about our Christmas shopping plans and encouraging you to share about yours, too!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!