MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Gretchen’s $65 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

Dillons

2 Keebler Minis Crackers – $1.49 each, used 2 $0.75/1 Ibotta rebates and $1/2 Checkout 51 rebate – $0.25 each after rebates

2 Welch’s Fruit Snacks – $0.99 each, used 2 $0.50/1 Checkout 51 rebates – $0.49 each after rebates

1 Ruffles Chips – $1.49 after e-coupon (no longer available)

2 Kraft Salad Dressings – $0.99 each

2 Green Leaf Lettuce – $1.29 each

1 bag Oranges – Marked down to $0.99

1 bag Green Peppers – Marked down to $0.99

2 boxes Reeses Puff Cereal – $1.79 each, used $1/2 e-coupon – $1.29 each after coupon

2 Ore-Ida Frozen Potatoes – $0.99 after e-coupon (no longer available)

2 boxes Back to Nature Cookies – $0.99 each

Used $0.10 Ibotta rebate for receipt

Total after coupons and rebates: $16.56

Dillons

I ran into a different Dillons to see if they had any markdowns and got a great deal on ground lamb! Any ideas on what to do with this? Can I use it just like ground beef?

2.45 lbs Bananas – $1.20

2 pkg Shredded Cheese – $2.59 each

1 bag Apples – $1.49

Total: $44.95

Total for all groceries: $65.16

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, Eggs, English Muffins, Fruit, Bagels from Panera (after church)

Lunches

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches/Fruit, Turkey Sandwiches/Chips, Crackers/Cheese/Veggies, Tossed Salad, Yogurt/Applesauce/Turkey/Crackers, Leftovers

Dinners

Cheese Pizza, Breadsticks

Spaghetti, Green Beans, Freezer Biscuits

Sour Cream Enchiladas, Steamed Veggies

Dinner from a friend (My friend texted and said she is bringing us dinner! I’m pretty spoiled!)

Grilled Chicken, Tater Tots, Pineapple

Vegetable Soup, Homemade Bread

Out to eat (using coupons)

10 Comments

• Jennifer says:

Use the ground lamb for authentic shepherd’s pie!

• Susan says:

Ground lamb is softer than ground beef and a little greasier (in my opinion). It makes great gyros with pita bread and yogurt/cucumber (tzatziki sauce).

• Jenny says:

Lamb is usually much more expensive. That was a fantastic deal! Traditional shepherds pie for the lamb or I like to make sliders/burgers. There are plenty of recipes out there but they taste great with spices like cumin. I also like to make keema naan (lamb stuffed naan bread). It’s easy to make and very good.

• Jay says:

What a buy on ground lamb! When I catch a deal on ground lamb, I buy a bunch and throw it in the freezer. I use it to make Greek meatballs. I use 1 pound each of ground beef and lamb, then add breadcrumbs, feta cheese, parsley and oregano, salt and pepper, and a couple of eggs. I form it into 1.5 inch meatballs and bake them at 375 for about 30 minutes. They are great in a pita ( or tortilla!) with tzatziki sauce!

• Annell Wayman says:

Wow! That is a great buy on ground lamb! I wish I could find it for that price. We like to season it with salt, pepper, and ginger, form into patties, wrap it with a strip of bacon, and grill it for special occasions since it is usually so expensive. We eat it like hamburger steak, not on a bun.

• Gretchen says:

I know! I was so excited to find this deal! I couldn’t believe it was only $0.49. Thanks for the great idea. We love to grill so I will have to try this. – Gretchen, MSM Team

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy