Through October 15th, Sam’s Club is offering a FREE $25 eGift Card with a $50 PepsiCo Products purchase! You must purchase all the products in one transaction on SamsClub.com, Sam’s Club Pickup or the Scan & Go App.
Limit 2 rewards per person.
Valid through October 15, 2018.
Thanks, Freebie Radar!
Download a set of free printable Autumn Counting Cards and Puzzles.
I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.
I’m trying something new this week! Instead of posting a menu plan at the beginning of the week and then sharing my shopping trips throughout the week, I’m sharing what we actually ate and what groceries I bought this week.
Please remember this: I buy ahead often. Which means that when I find a great deal on something I know we’ll use, I buy as much as I can afford in our budget to have on hand.
This means that you aren’t going to see all of the groceries in these shopping trips that I used to make all of the meals we ate. And it also means we didn’t use all of these groceries up this week — because some of them will be saved for later weeks!
Please also remember that I’m putting this out there and it’s not a perfectly balanced menu. This is just really what we ate — and I hope that it encourages you to see the real-ness and lack of perfection here. 🙂
Kroger Shopping Trip #1:
- 3 Family-Sized Boxes of Nabisco Ritz Crackers — $1.99 with the Kroger Friday-Saturday Digital Coupon
- 2 boxes of Raisinets — marked down to $0.19 each
- Naked Juice — on closeout for $1.79, used $2/1 coupon — they deducted it down to $1.79 = FREE after coupon
- 4 jars of Yoplait Oui Yogurt — marked down to $2.39 total
- Bananas — marked down to $0.39/lb. = $1.88 total
- Total with tax: $12.46, Got a $3 catalina back
Kroger Shopping Trip #2:
- 1 Kroger Cottage Cheese — $1.89
- 1 Johnsonville Sausage — marked down to $2.29
- 5 packages of Kroger Ground Turkey — marked down to $2.29 each
- 1 package Johnsonville Italian Sausage — marked down to $1.99
- Used $3/$15 meat coupon Kroger mailed to me
- Used $3 catalina earned in shopping trip above
- Total with tax: $12.72
Kroger Shopping Trip #3:
- 1 Salad Kit — marked down to $1.89
- 1 bag of oranges — marked down to $0.99
- 1 bag of peppers — marked down to $0.99
- Oui Yogurt (2-pack) — marked down to $1.19
- 1 dozen eggs — marked down to $1.19
- 1/2 gallon chocolate milk — marked down to $1.39
- Grapes — on sale for $0.88/lb. = $2.15
- 3 cans of Kroger pumpkin — $0.99 each
- 1 gallon milk — $2.69
- King Arthur Flour — $3.89, used $1/1 Kroger Digital Coupon = $2.89
- Oats — $2.49
- Butter — $2.99 when you buy 5 participating items
- 2 bottles Palmolive dish soap — $0.99 each when you buy 5 participating items, used 1 $0.50/1 Kroger Digital Coupon
- Colgate toothpaste — $1.99 when you buy 5 participating items, used $2/1 Kroger Digital coupon = FREE after coupon
- 1 bottle Head & Shoulders — $1.99 when you buy 5 participating items, used $1/1 Kroger Digital coupon = $0.99 after coupon
- Total with tax: $29.75
Note: I forgot to buy the second bottle of Palmolive the first time around, so I had to go to customer service and add it to my order to get the $5 off!
Kroger Shopping Trips #4 & #5:
- 1 Kroger cottage cheese — $1.89
- 1 bottle Naked Protein Smoothie — marked down to $1.79 (not pictured; I picked this up for Kathrynne to have for lunch since she can hardly eat anything right now because she just got her expander put in in preparation for getting braces)
- 2 packages of Pitas — marked down to $0.79 each
- 4 dozen Simple Truth eggs — $1.77 with Kroger Friday-Saturday Only Digital coupon
- 1 dozen medium eggs — marked down to $0.49
- 1 Yoplait yogurt — Free with Free Friday coupon
- 2 yogurts — marked down to $0.29 each
- 2 packages of butter — $2.49 each when you buy 5 participating items
- Yo Crunch Yogurt — $0.99 when you buy 5 participating items
- 2 bottles Simply Lemonade — $0.99 each when you buy 5 participating items
- 1 bag of apples — marked down to $0.99
- Total with tax: $23.71
What We Ate This Week
- Cereal, Oatmeal, Baked Oatmeal (from the freezer), Toast/Eggs, Banana Bread with Peanut Butter (Everyone is on their own for breakfast!)
- Hard Boiled Eggs, Avocados, Salad, Banana Bread, Turkey Burgers, Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti Noodles & Sauce, Leftovers, Apples, Peppers (Jesse & Me)
- Sandwiches, Fruit, Veggies, Granola Bars, Yogurt, Cookies, Capri Sun (For the kids — They are in charge of their own lunches.)
- Banana Bread, Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, Fruit/Veggies, Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sunday: Leftovers/Fend For Yourself
- Monday: Turkey Burgers, Pickles, Peas, Grapes
- Tuesday: Chipotle (School Spirit Night Fundraiser)
- Wednesday: Pumpkin Waffles, Grapes
- Thursday: Spaghetti Casserole, Steamed Peas
- Friday: Spaghetti Casserole, Banana Bread, Steamed Broccoli (yes, we made enough to have it two nights in a row!)
What I Spent This Week
My grocery week runs from Saturday to Friday. However, I had $11.85 leftover from this past week, so I’m subtracting it from this week’s total.
Total for all these groceries minus the extra grocery money from last week: $66.79
Cashback Earned This Week: 125 points from Fetch Rewards for scanning my receipts
Help me out! Do you like this new format of me sharing my grocery shopping and menu plan? I’d love to hear your honest thoughts!
Happy Friday! Worried you missed the best in-store deals from this week?
Check out this list of the best FREE and cheap in-store deals from this past week that are still available…
Buy 2 Rimmel Mascaras at $4.79 each (with 40% discount), Get $4 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use 2 $3/1 printable
Free + profit after coupons and ECBs
Buy 1 Sure or Brut Deodorant at $2.50, Get $1 ECBs (Limit 1)
Use $1.50/1 coupon from the SmartSource insert
Free after coupon and ECBs
Buy 1 Tide Simply Pods Detergent – $2.94 (Ends 9/29)
Use $2/1 Coupon Found In the CVS App
$0.94 after coupon
Buy 4 Crest Toothpaste or toothbrush, Oral B Floss at $3.99, Get $6 Register Rewards
Use 2 $4/2 digital coupon, $1/1 digital coupon, or $1/1 coupon from the 9/16 Retail Me Not insert
$0.49 each after coupons and Register Rewards
Mars Candy Bars – $0.50
Use $0.50/2 printable
$0.25 after coupon
Nice Storage Bags (50 – 150 ct) – $0.99 in-ad coupon
Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes Cereal – $1.99
Use $1/1 printable
$0.99 after coupon
Rite Aid Deals
Buy 2 Rimmel Eyeshadow Palettes – $7.99 each
Buy 2 Rimmel Lip Liners – $3.59 each
Total after 40% off Sale = $13.89
Use 2 $3/1 Rimmel Eyeshadow Product coupons found here
And use 2 $1/1 Rimmel London Eye, Face, or Lip Product coupon from the 9/23 SmartSource insert
Get $6 Wellness+ BonusCash when you buy $12 (limit 2)
Free after coupons and cash
Buy 2 St. Ives Acne Control Apricot Scrub 6 oz at $4.99 each – On Sale Buy One Get One Free
Use $1.50/1 coupon from the 9/23 Retail Me Not insert
Get $2 Wellness+ BonusCash when you buy 2 (limit 2)
$0.74 after coupon and cash
Buy 1 Pepsi Mini Cans 6-Pack – $2.99 (Ends 9/29)
Use 40% off Cartwheel Offer
$1.79 after coupon