I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our disclosure policy here.
I stopped by Kroger on the way home from school drop-offs this morning (like I said yesterday, going to Kroger before 8 a.m. is such a good time to shop!) and got some great deals!
Not only were they having some Friday-Saturday sales, but they also had Thursday through Sunday sales! I didn’t even realize that there were the extra Thursday through Sunday sales, so that was a fun surprise!
They had Nabisco crackers for just $0.99 per box.
Plus, $0.99 cheese, peanut butter for just $1, Gatorade 12-packs for $3.99, mandarins for $3.49 per bag, and more!
Here’s what I ended up buying:
Friday Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 boxes of Nabisco crackers — $0.99 each with the Friday-Saturday Kroger Digital coupon
- 5 packages of Kroger shredded cheese — $0.99 each with the Friday-Saturday Kroger Digital coupon
- 2 12-packs of Gatorade — $3.99 each with the Friday-Saturday Kroger Digital coupon
- 1 Zone Perfect bar — Free with the Free Friday download coupon
- 1 bag of Mandarin oranges — $3.49
- 2 jars of peanut butter — $1 each
- 3 tubs of Chobani yogurt — $0.29 each
- 1 dozen eggs — $2.79
- 1 gallon of milk — $2.79
- 1 bag of carrots — $0.99
- Total with tax: $32.46
Cashback I Earned
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!