Since I’m following the Slow Cooker Menu Plan from Eat at Home for this challenge, I bought ingredients to make those meals + get our food for the rest of the meals this week. I decided to only shop at ALDI this week for the groceries to see if I could get everything for the Slow Cooker Menu Plan at ALDI.
I had to make one or two substitutions, but I was able to get everything we needed! We still need to stop by Kroger to get eggs and some more milk, but otherwise, we should be good for the week!
(In case you are wondering why on earth I did two different transactions… well, that was because I realized I didn’t have a quarter when I got to ALDI. Which meant that I couldn’t get a cart. I was going to go in and get a quarter from the cashier, but there was a long line at checkout. So I just decided to get a box and fill it up and check out when it was almost too heavy for me to carry and then do a second transaction. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that as the most comfortable or efficient way to do things, but hey, it worked! ;))
Watch my live video for details on what I bought, why I bought it, the prices I paid, plus some real-life commentary on ALDI!
Here’s what’s on our menu plan this week:
This Week’s Menu Plan
Breakfast — Cereal, Oatmeal, Toast, Eggs, Fruit
Lunches — Chicken Hot Dogs, Cheese Quesadillas, Caeser Salad, Fruit/Veggies, Leftovers, Snack-y Lunches, PB&J
Dinners — Leftovers, Easy Shredded Taco Beef, Chicken & Broccoli “Stirfry” in the Slow Cooker, Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Sandwiches, Beef & Bean Topped Potatoes, Whole Herb Roast Chicken in the Slow Cooker, Dinner Out
New to shopping at ALDI? Read how we save close to $1,000 per year by shopping at ALDI. Also, check out my post with my 25 Favorite Things to Buy at ALDI.
Other posts in the Eat At Home Challenge series
- Eat at Home Challenge: Crockpot Cantonese Sweet & Sour Pork Chops (Day 1)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage & Sauerkraut Soup (Day 2)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Italian Seasoned Salt Chicken in the Slow Cooker (Day 3)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Beef Shawarma in the Slow Cooker (Day 4)
- This Week's $65 ALDI Grocery Shopping Trip + Menu Plan
- Eat at Home Challenge: Easy Shredded Taco Beef (Day 1)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Chicken & Broccoli "Stir Fry" in the Slow Cooker (Day 2)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker (Day 3)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Beef & Bean Topped Potatoes (Day 4)
- What I Cooked This Week & Our Thoughts On the Recipes (Eat at Home Challenge -- Day 5)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Day 2 (Honey Mustard Chicken in the Slow Cooker)
- Eat at Home Challenge: Day 3 (Chicken Taco Meat) + LAST DAY to get 30% off!
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!