MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

500 Things Decluttering Challenge: My final totals!

500 Things Decluttering Challenge

It’s the last day of the #500 Things Decluttering Challenge!! We were supposed to clean the Dining Room.
Our Dining Room only has a table and chairs and our crate of current homeschool books in it. So it didn’t need any decluttering

Instead, I decluttered a closet that hadn’t gotten decluttered enough during the challenge — and I came up with 34 more items to declutter!!!

In all honesty, I thought it was going to be really hard to come up with 500 items to declutter during this two week challenge. Boy was I wrong!! It feels so good to have a much less cluttered, much more organized home! And I’m inspired to continue to be more vigilant about clutter coming in this year!

Today’s total: 34 items decluttered

Total for the entire challenge: 553 items so far!

I’m keeping a running total of all my items decluttered during this challenge as I thought it would be fun to not only do Daily Totals but also Overall Totals.

How many items did YOU declutter today?? Leave a comment and let us know.

P.S. You can read more about the Decluttering Course I’m going through here. If you’d like to join me in going through it in January and get the videos, information, and printables every day, you can go here to purchase and get it for just $5.99 right now!

16 Comments

• Kristen S. says:

That’s so awesome!! Decluttering always feel soooo good! I’m going to start the Decluttering Challenge/course as soon as Make Over Your Year is completed (the Live Coaching sessions, that is). I wanted to focus on one thing at a time. I love that you’re doing these challenges. So fun to join along!!

• I finally just hit my 500 total. I actually have exceeded it, but I stopped counting at 500. I’m going to blog in a day or two about some of the stranger items I found to declutter. In a few cases I was left shaking my head, wonderinf what I was thinking when I decided to keep a certain item in the first place!

• Jen says:

I’m curious, what do you do with all the stuff you decluttered? My problem is (well a lot of clutter really) that when I find something I’m willing to part with, I keep it forever in the pile. I know that isn’t konmarie but I’m not close to that level yet. 🙂

• Marsha says:

54 items today. 1,007 total.
    Honestly, I didn’t think I could reach the 500 mark. When I did, my family challenged me to make it to 1,000. It was a bit of a stretch, but I am thankful I have 1,000 less items to find space for.
    Thank you, Crystal, for the opportunity to journey together through this challenge.
    Thank you, Kathi, for the inspiration to actively move towards clutter free. Thank you for the commission to seek and release items that no longer meet our needs.

• Laura says:

Wow! 1000 things you don’t have to store. That is a lot!! Good for you. I have only donated 34 things. I am a little late to the game, but I am still going to play. You are inspiring me!

• Marsha says:

Thank you, Laura. 34 things is victory as well. 34 steps closer to breathing easier and living more life. Blessings.

• Renee says:

We don’t have a dining room, so I did a sweep of things throughout the house. Total today, 111 items. Grand total of over 532 items. I stopped counting once I hit 100 on day 1. 5 bags for donation. Several things sold on Ebay for extra money!! This was so fun!!! Thank you, Crystal.

• Alura says:

Thanks so much for sharing this challenge! I’ve been following along, my grande total is 905 items!

I’ve set up new stations and have organized tons of things in the process, have found a surprising amount of trash-worthy things and have a big pile of things to be sold or donated. I’ve opened up a path in my crawl space (only real storage area) and it feels so much better in my house.

I have more I’d like to do – later 😛 I’m inspired to make up some challenges of my own once I have all of the donate pile actually out of here. I noticed I got more and more ruthless as I went too, this was just the push I needed!

• Rob says:

We never seem to stop de-cluttering. It’s like a never ending cycle but I’ve no idea where most of it comes from! We take most to thrift shops or give it away online where it’ll be of use to someone; especially old kids toys and clothes. I’d like to say we should buy less in the first place but we really do try to avoid unnecessary purchasing anyway

• Charlene E says:

I added another 16 items to my total so I’m at 106. I really have the urge to do more. I found I let go of items I never thought I would let go of so I hope it sets a thought process for the remainder of the spring. Would love a de-cluttered home.

• Kathi Lipp says:

That’s so amazing that you got OVER 500 things!!! So proud of everyone here that’s doing the challenge. 🙂

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy