MoneySavingMom.com

1 4-ct pkg Zucchini – $1.99

1 Spaghetti Squash – $1.99

1 3-lb bag Honeycrisp Apples – $2.98

2 cans Green Beans – $0.98

1 3-lb bag Boneless Chicken Breasts – $6.69

1 head Cabbage – $1.29

1 bunch Bananas (2.62lbs @ 0.43/lb) – $1.13, plus receive $0.25 back from Checkout 51 – $0.88 after rebate

1 2-lb bag Pears – $1.58

1 16-oz container Egg Whites – $2.59

2 1-lb bags Baby Carrots – $1.98

1 bag Mini Sweet Peppers – $2.29

1 bag Spinach – $1.79

1 container Artisan Baby Lettuce – $1.99

I Gallon Milk – $2.99

Total: $41.86

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Harris Teeter

(Super Doubles this week – wahoo!)

2 18-ct cartons Eggs – $3.96

2 boxes Celestial Seasonings Tea – $5.00, used 2 $1/1 Celestial Seasonings Teas, exp. 1/4/16 (SS 10/04/15 R) (doubled) – $1.00/2 after coupons

4 45-oz jars Ragu Pasta Sauce – $6.58, used 2 $1/2 printable (doubled) – $2.58/4

2 24-oz Hormel Always Tender Pork Loin (B1G1) – $11.99, used 2 $2.00/1 printable (doubled) – $3.99/2 after coupons (If anyone has any great recipes using pork loin – let me know! Since they usually cost $12.00 EACH, I figured this was a good deal. :))

1 bag Braeburn Apples, reduced (about 3.5lbs) – $1.00

1 12-oz pkg Sorrento String Cheese – $3.50, used $1/1 printable (doubled) – $1.50 after coupons

2 Yakisoba Japanese Noodles – $1.60, used $1/2 Maruchan Bowl or Yakisoba, exp. 12/31/15 (SS 08/16/15) (doubled) – FREE after coupons

2 4-ct pkgs Dannon Activia Yogurt – $3.98, used 2 $1/1 printable (doubled) – FREE after coupons

4 International Delight Coffee Creamers – $6.67, used 2 $1/1 printable (doubled), and 2 $1.00/1 printable (doubled) – FREE after coupons

2 Challenge Butter (B1G1) – $2.99, used 2 $0.75/1 printable (doubled), plus receive $0.20 back from Ibotta – $0.20 MM after coupons (It’s not every day that I paid to buy butter! :))

1 32-oz Tazo Chai Tea Latte Concentrate – $4.29, used $1.50/1 printable (doubled), plus $1.50/1 evic – $0.21 MM after coupons

Total after Coupons: $13.60

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Carrots, Bananas

Tuna Fish Sandwiches, Peppers, Pears

Build-Your-Own-Tossed Salad, Cheese Sticks

Leftovers x 3

Dinners

Venison Roast with Carrots in the Crockpot, Baked Potatoes, Biscuits

Homemade Cheese Pizza (trying this make ahead sourdough recipe for the crust), Tossed Salad

Chicken Noodle Soup (with homemade noodles), Easy Whole Wheat Muffins

Spaghetti, Homemade Dill Bread, Roasted Cauliflower

Chinese Chicken Stir-Fry, Brown Rice, Grapes

Hotdogs, Relish Plate, Chips, Apples (campout)

Leftovers

Snacks

Easy Whole Wheat Muffins, Apples with Peanut Butter, Popcorn, Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

25 Comments

• Krista says:

How do you cut up and/ or eat the mini sweet peppers? I love them, but to have to cut up and remove all the little seeds drives me nuts!

We have a family of 6 and eat lots of homecooked meals. Now if I could get my grocery costs down to $55….my kiddos are big eaters. And then there’s my husband, sigh. 🙂 He’s not a big guy, but he is a big eater, too! Thanks for your posts and the inspiration to keep trying to get costs low!

• Lyn says:

Hi Krista,
      An easy way to cut peppers is to stand it upright, and then taking a paring knife, make quarter-moon slices from the top to the bottom of the pepper. Go all the way alround the pepper. Once done, you will be left with the core and the top of the pepper with the stem, and the seeds will be attached. It’s much easier than cutting the pepper in half and cutting out the membrane, etc.

Hope it helps. 🙂

• Brigette says:

I love Lyn’s idea! I don’t even bother cutting them up for my children. They just eat around the stem and seeds. I’m kind of a lazy mom. 😉

• Julie says:

Just had pork lion last night. I just put it on the grill (sometimes add seasoning). Cooked up very tender last night. Enjoy !!

• Kate says:

Island spice pork loin (on allrecipes, maybe?) was really delicious.

• Myeshia says:

Thanks for showing your match ups and menu plan. I’m heading to Harris Teeter in a little while. Also did you know that you can buy the boneless skinless chicken breast at the meat counter everyday for 1.99lb? It’s a great price and you can get as much or as little at a time.

• Brigette says:

I did know that – but I always forget it! Although I thought I read somewhere that the price recently increased (??). Thank you for reminding me to check it out! I just ran out of my Zaycon chicken order (more coming in a couple of weeks), and just wasn’t thinking when I picked up the chicken at Aldi. 🙂

• Janet says:

You can slice it onto boneless pork chops. The uses then are endless!

• Sally says:

Put 2 pounds of pork loin in the crock pot with a bottle of barbecue sauce. After 8 to 10 hours in low, shred. It makes the simplest pulled pork ever. I shred mine with my dough hooks on my hand mixer.

• Amie says:

Wow, what a great haul. I do miss double coupons, even though my area only doubled up to $0.50. As for the pork loins, you got a great deal. I’m not a fan of Hormel’s pork loins that come marinated because I find the flavor to be too strong. If these are not marinated, you could stuff them, make boneless chops, or pulled pork.

• doris says:

I’m jealous! You got some terrific double deals! The pork loin — our favorite (economical too!) is to put it in the crock pot with 2 cans of black beans (drained), 1 can of corn, and 1 jar of salsa and let it cook about 8 hours on low. Take it out and shred it — serve it over rice the first night. The second night — take all your leftovers (and you’ll have quite a bit — even add your rice to it) and add a can of refried beans (or you can make your own and pull them out of the freezer like we do) and serve on tortillas. I often bring this to new moms and give them the tortillas and refried beans to have a second dinner too! I think pork loins have ENDLESS options! Enjoy!

• BUSY MOM IN AL says:

Our favorite recipe for pork loin is on the Kraft website! Look for Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. It is amazing!!! I do usually have to cook it for longer than the recipe calls for. I would recommend using a meat thermometer if you have one. Very good company meal also. 🙂

• BUSY MOM IN AL says:

Just reread your menu plan about trying the new sourdough pizza crust. We LOVE James Beard’s recipe for Quick Pizza Dough. It is so easy and freezes well. Tastes good as a focaccia with cheese and ham sprinkled over the top and baked. Very versatile!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy