MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Making Over My Mornings… As a Night Owl!

Making Over Your Mornings as a Night Owl

Are you a night owl who wants to make over your mornings but doesn’t want to be told you need to get up early to do so? Have you been considering buying the Make Over Your Mornings Course but been scared that I was going to guilt you into trying to get up earlier?

If either of these things describes you, be sure to read April’s post on how she’s Making Over Her Mornings… As a Night Owl. Here’s a snippet:

I get up between 7 and 7:15 these days, but that is not always the case. Right now, Alan is in graduate school, so he keeps later hours than our norm.

I’m one of these people who has to stay awake until everyone goes to bed. I can’t help it. I do.

Since Alan stays up later right now, I do too. I’ve tried to build myself schedules that did not allow for my sleep needs.

Last year, I thought that in order to be a successful home school mom and blogger, I needed to wake up every morning at 6 am. And I turned into heavy-eyelids-unhappy-snappy Mommy.

No, thank you. I couldn’t even finish my day. I’d spend from 2 to 4 every afternoon just sort of laying on my bed and staring into space the whole first nine weeks of last school year!

Gradually, I realized that if I want to be a good mom, I need to sleep until 7.

Read the rest of the post here.

make-over-your-mornings-300x250

11 Comments

• April says:

Thanks so much for sharing, Crystal! I’m enjoying the boost in blog traffic!

• Raimie Harrison says:

Dear Crystal, This is a great post. It is good to remember to assess where WE are and who WE are before implementing someone else’s system. How can we adapt it so it fits us best? Thanks for validating flexibility and encouraging moms in every walk and every phase. xo

• Emilie says:

I love how she says she cleans the carpets at night. I too shop and do dishes, work on school work and other things after my youngest goes to bed. I have gone to the grocery store at 10:30.

I get up at 6:45/6:50 to leave by 7:40: read a short devotional, shower, get dressed etc, make lunches and breakfast for the 5 of us, unload dishwasher and get out the door. I do almost all my housekeeping, etc after dinner.

I usually get to bed by 11:30.

• Kariane says:

Indeed, different things work for different people. Thanks for sharing!

• Sabrina says:

I’ve always been a night owl, often staying up wide awake until 2-3 a.m. It was like a switch flipped at 38 that I just couldn’t stay up late anymore and feel good the next day. I guess I’m still up late compared to most people, but I’m usually in bed by midnight and up by 7:30 a.m. My 3 & 6 year old insist..LOL

It’s nice to see other people that are okay with not being up super early…that’s never been realistic for me and the way my body functions.

• April says:

Me neither, girl. We do what works for us. I have learned a lot from Crystal about doing what needs to be done first thing in the morning. First thing in the morning just comes a couple hours later for us. 🙂

• I have always been a night person, however, after having my son, everything changed. I definitely used your tricks to be more productive in the mornings and they do work well for my family. Great course for sure!

• Amy says:

Thanks for sharing this link, Crystal. I love April’s blog – it’s hilarious!

• Anna says:

This is… adorable. I would consider myself a morning ninja if I was up by 7. I’m sure my life will change when I have school age kids but right now I give myself a huge pat on the back of I’m in bed by midnight. And 8am is a good day. I’m ashamed to say my 3 year old who usually sleeps til 8 normally gets sick of playing by himself by 8:20/8:30 and jumps on me in bed and chucks the milk carton somewhere on my person as my signal to “get it together” and “make with the breakfasting” my excuse is that I’m pregnant though…

• April says:

I love this comment. So funny! I would totally do that too, if I could get away with it. But my children are all morning people…..the horrors! 😉

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy