Jesse and I spent time really discussing what my focuses should be for 2014 and we nailed down four areas that are my priorities for this year:
- Marriage: to continue to invest time and energy to strengthen and nurture our marriage and make it one of the greatest priorities
- Mothering: to continue to invest in our children with the goal of teaching them character, life skills, and raising them to be responsible adults
- Myself: to make my health a priority and to invest in my personal growth as a Christian, business owner, writer, speaker, and leader
- MoneySavingMom.com: to invest time into blogging — not just overseeing the business and my team, but making writing content pieces one of my top blogging priorities
Having these specific areas determined at the beginning of the year is really helping me to prioritize and giving me much clearer direction on when, where, and what to say no to this year.
Here’s my progress on my 12 goals for 2014:
1. Read 6 marriage books. (I’ve finished three marriage books so far.)
2. Write 50 love notes to Jesse. (I’ve written 22 love notes so far.)
3. Read 40 books aloud to the kids. (We’ve finished eight books so far — I’m really hoping to catch up on this goal over the summer since we’re quite behind!)
4. Finish memorizing Romans 1 together. (We’ve been working on this!)
5. Go through a cooking course with the kids.
6. Read through the Bible. (I’m mostly on track with this.)
7. Memorize Romans 2. (I started this this week.)
8. Run a 5K race and go through P90X again. (We’re currently looking into races for this Fall and hoping to sign up for a couple.)
9. Read 150 books/ebooks. (I’ve read 50 books so far this year.)
10. Write 150 substantive content pieces for the blog. (I’ve written 100 substantive content pieces so far this year — woot!)
11. Write 50 DIY/Recipe posts for the blog. (I’ve written 25 DIY/Recipe posts so far.)
12. Blog about/participate in the 12 Months to a Healthier You Challenge (I finished June’s challenge.)
Did you set goals for 2014 yet?
If you’ve posted an update on how you’re doing on your goals for 2014, I’d love for you to share your link in the comments. Or, if you don’t have a blog, feel free to just leave a comment with an update on how you’re doing on your goals. Let’s encourage one another to live lives of intention and purpose!
If you’re brand-new to goal-setting, be sure to read my post on How to Change Your Life By Setting Goals.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!