MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Reader Tip: How I’m earning Walgreens Balance Rewards and staying fit!

wallgreens

April emailed in the following tip:

After reading Gretchen’s Walgreens shopping trip recently, I wanted to see how many points I had on my card. When I realized I was just below 1000 points and wouldn’t be able to redeem many points in my next transaction, I was disappointed.

That is until I saw that I could sign up for the program that tracks your exercise activity. I believed it was set up for walking but there is a way to record running activity or other exercise such as yoga. For every mile you walk or run, you can earn 20 points!

I logged my running mileage from that week and was easily able to earn 130 points to add to my account which brought me above the 1000 point range. I recently ran my first half marathon and had trained all summer between 15-25 miles a week so I wish I had realized this earlier!

Hope this can help others earn a few free points — especially with the holiday shopping coming up! -April

9 Comments

• Lisa says:

You can also cash your points in for gift cards!

• judith says:

Thanks for this tip! I just logged in and earned 250 points just for setting a goal, e.g., walk 3 times a week. This sounds like a win-win!

• Michelle says:

I had won a FitBit from Dr. Oz and discovered FitBit fitness trackers automatically update with Walgreens Steps. So if you happen to have. FitBit device, you can link it to your Steps account for easy points earnings.

• I had no idea you could do that! What a cool idea. I will have to check in my local Walgreens next week!

• shelly says:

Can you only earn points for walking and running? I cycle over 20 miles almost daily!!

• Rhonda says:

I have had my FitBit linked to my Walgreens account for about 6 months.
    This is a great program but I think no matter how many miles you exercise, you can earn a max of $1 a month.

• Rebecca says:

I logged my activity for a while…but I didn’t think it was worth it for me. (20 points equals 2 cents!) You have to remember to log in at least once a week, b/c you can only record activity for the past week. With 3 kids, I don’t have the time to do that. (And I’m doing good to find the time to exercise!) It CAN be a great little bonus for those that have the time, but it’s not going to be worth it for everyone.

• Alisha says:

I have my body media armband linked to the balance rewards program and so I automatically get points each day for the number of steps I take and for weighing myself. Sadly, you only get 1000 points/month so after a week I stop getting points. But heh, I guess it’s still a buck, right? 🙂

• Mars says:

Awesome! I just synced my Fitbit with the Walgreens Program. :O)

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy