MoneySavingMom.com

1 Corn Chips – $0.89

1 gallon Milk – $1.99

Total with tax ($1.17): $17.52

DSC_0005

Dillons

Items a part of the Mega Sale (Buy 10, Get $5 off instantly):

4 Gillette Shave Gel – $1.49 each, used 2 $3/2 coupon from the 10/27 P&G insert – Free after coupons

1 Kraft Marshmallows – $0.69

1 Nabisco Rice Thins – $1.79, used $1/1 e-coupon – $0.79 after coupon

1 Yoplait Gogurt – $1.89, used $1/1 e-coupon – $0.89 after coupon

2 Nabisco Snak-Saks – $0.99 each, used $0.75/2 coupon from the 11/10 SmartSource insert – $0.62 each after coupons (These were on sale just in time for my little boy’s birthday party next week!)

1 Pace Salsa – $1.99

Other Items:

1 Kroger Ice Cream – $2.50

1 Pineapple – $0.99

1 Breyer’s Ice Cream – $3.29 (I splurged and bought the Breyers brand for one of the birthday parties.)  🙂

1 lb Ground Beef – $3.69

1 Marshmallow Matey’s Cereal – $2.99 (My husband has been asking for this cereal for weeks. I finally found it!)

1 Stacy’s Bake Shop Crisps – $2.99, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

1 Kroger Cottage Cheese – $1.25

1 Hunts Spaghetti Sauce – $1

2 Kroger Frozen Vegetables – $1 each

2.09 lbs Bananas @ $0.54/lb – $1.13

1 Romaine Lettuce – $0.99

Used $2 catalina reward from my last shopping trip

(Also, my $0.75/2 Nabisco coupon accidentally scanned twice. I went and told the manager but she said to just leave it.)

Total before coupons and sales: $59.49

Total with tax ($2.30) after coupons and sales: $23.93

Total for all grocery items: $41.45

Menu Plan for this Week

Breakfasts

Toast, Oatmeal, Fruit/Spinach Smoothies, Cereal

Lunches

Leftovers, Tossed Salad, Cheese/Crackers & Fruit, Scrambled Eggs, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches

Dinners

Build Your Own Haystacks, Fruit Salad

Savory Crescent Chicken Pockets, Steamed Broccoli

Three-Bean Chili, 30 Minute Rolls, Veggies

BBQ Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Tossed Salad

Deer Roast, Carrots, Potatoes, Biscuits

Lasagna Casserole, Green Beans, Tossed Salad

Dinner with family

13 Comments

• Rachel says:

I love to see how much food you get for so little money but how on EARTH does your family only use one gallon of milk a week? My four boys (8, 6, 5, 2) go through at least 4 gallons a week, sometimes more!

• Janine says:

I am wowed by the milk for only $1.99, where I live is is over $4.00 a gallon even at our Aldis….

• liz says:

When I lived in Illinois, milk sometimes went on sale for 1.79 a gallon at Aldi. It is over $3 a gallon where I now lived in Texas, at there is no Aldi. At least a lot of other things are cheaper here, so we still come out ahead!

• Gretchen says:

There are only 3 of us so that makes a difference compared to your family. We actually don’t drink milk either. We only use it on cereal and in cooking so it lasts longer. Also, I have been known to add water to milk to stretch it further on those weeks we are running low. 😉

• mandi says:

I thought those shave gels were limit 1 per coupon…

• Elizabeth says:

LUCKY DUCKY….deer roast!!! As a kid, friends taught us when doing a roast (usually cow, but sometimes deer) to make what they called Brown Spaghetti…you cook the noodles in some broth off the meat till done…I think a bit of onions, or onion powder would make it more tasty! We loved this combo as kids!!

• Ashlee says:

I get so jealous reading these posts! I know I shouldn’t compare myself to anyone, but oh how nice it would be if my groceries were so low! I wanted cauliflower the other day, it was $6! I’ve been living in NYC for over a year now and the prices still shock me. I miss my Ohio prices.

• Emily says:

Hi Ashlee! I live in NYC as well, and can empathize with the prices! Always nice to meet another budget-wise person in the city 🙂 Try Trader Joe’s for the cauliflower; the heads are a little on the small side, but it’s the cheapest I’ve found at $2.50.

• Angie D says:

Gretchen–where did you find the Stacy’s bake shop? I was lost and confused! I don’t know if it was just my Dillons, but they had Buy 10 get 5 on the half gallons of milk and had them priced at $1–which made them $.50! It was crazy!

• Shelly says:

We had the build your own haystacks this week too. My family just loves them. The best deal I got this week was honey crisp apples for $.39/lb and organic pears for $.39/lb at our local discount grocery store.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy