MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Best Ever Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Bars {Clean-Eating}

Looking for clean eating, real food snack ideas? These no-bake bars are the bomb -- plus they're packed with nutritional goodness! There's only one problem: it's near impossible to eat just one!

So, I saw this recipe on Pinterest and immediately knew I wanted to try it. But I took awhile to get around to it.

However, the other day, my friend Angie asked me if I’d tried it yet. When I told her that I hadn’t, she told me that I must, must try it as soon as possible.

I’ve never known Angie to steer me wrong, so I made it a priority. And I’m so very glad I did.

Folks, these bars are the bomb. What’s even more amazing is that they are packed with nutritional goodness.

There’s only one problem: it’s near impossible to eat just one. So if you’re trying to watch your calories, you might just skip over this post.

But for the rest of you, please do yourself favor and run to your kitchen and make these. You can thank me later. 🙂

Money-saving tip: I’d recommend checking the prices on Vitacost & Amazon for the ingredients in this recipe to see if they are less expensive online than you can find locally. You can get $10 off your first $30 order from Vitacost when you sign up here. Or, you can earn free Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks to use toward purchases like this.

If you like this recipe, check out a few of my other healthful dessert recipes:

Quick and Easy Honey-Sweetened Truffles
Easy Honey-Sweetened Energy BarsHomemade Protein BarsGood-For-You Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge

Do you want to take better control of your grocery budget? If so, you’ll want to read my newest eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget!

This eBook will give you all the tips, tricks, and practical advice you need to create a grocery budget tailored to your family’s needs that you can actually STICK to (because that’s the key!)

In this eBook, you’ll learn:

1. How to create a grocery budget that fits your family’s needs and your finances!
  2. New systems to help you keep track of what you spend at the store!
  3. How to actually stick with your new budget and save money for years to come!
  4. Ways to save up to $50 off your grocery bill THIS WEEK by using the 10 simple strategies outlined in this eBook!

Read to get started? Just use the form below to sign up!

Need to overhaul your grocery budget?
I want to help! Join my email list and get FREE ACCESS to my new eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget. Sign up now!

117 Comments

1. Kymberly says:

Ok, so I totally hacked these, but had to have them with ingredients on hand! Made them with Oat Bran instead of Oatmeal and then just dropped them onto parchment paper on cookie trays. They were SO good!!!

2. Becky says:

These were amazing. Quick and easy to make, and they hold up so well even after a week in the fridge. I added protein powder and chia seeds to mine for an extra boost. Soo happy with this recipe. Thanks!

3. Gay-le says:

This is soooo good! I eat two every day. Did i say how big I made them!! 😊 I made them once and last night I made them again…I quadrupled the recipe and made extra çhoco/peanut.
    I put some in the freezer to set and the next day, I put the rest in the freezer. If you have a few minutes, MAKE IT NOW!! Heavenly.

4. Janell says:

I am seeing the “clean eating” label. What exactly does that mean?

• Amy says:

Janell….it should mean no flour, no added sugar, no processed foods. It is a stretch to call these clean…you would have to use unprocessed coconut flakes and cacao nibs and no sugar added p. butter. But, hey, at least there’s no flour!

5. Amber says:

I rarely leave replies in recipe message boards but I had to post here… These are amazing! Make them now.

6. Aaiicha says:

Hallo
    I’ve just Found ur blog trough pinterest its amaizing😍
    I have a question about These recipe u ve the posibillity 2 tell m How many gr of chocolate i need because i m living in germany ans we actually dont have these chocolate chips IT would b nice of u would auswer m greetings from Germany
    Aaiicha

• Janet says:

I looked it up, it’s 120 grams. Chocolate chips are little pieces of chocolate, but you will be melting it, so it shouldn’t matter what shape or form your chocolate is in. I hope this helps!

• Fran Hilsmeier says:

When I checked the grams for 1 1/4 c. of chocolate I got 220 grams. Is my info
        incorrect. I think I found it on Simply Cook It

7. Audrey says:

Do you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut in this recipe?

8. Jax says:

Thank you for this quick & easy recipe!!!

I did a microwave, single-bowl version….
    -melted peanut butter, honey & coconut oil in microwave on high for 1 minute
    -added oats, chocolate chips & vanilla (skipped the cocoanut and cranberries)
    -microwaved on level 3 for 3 minutes
    -gave it a stir and it all blended together beautifully
    -portioned out into the Pampered Chef brownie pan, the recipe was exactly enough to fill all of the spots

9. HoneyC says:

Can you use cocoa powder instead of the chocolate chips? If so how much?

10. Cheryl says:

Recipe looks really good and I can’t wait to make them. Once hardened I will decorate appropriately for a Halloween themed party!!

11. Sarah says:

Have we any idea how many calories a 2 inch square may contain?? They are really tasty !

12. Sylvia says:

So incredibly good, healthy decadence! My family’s new favorite, thanks.

13. Selena says:

Can you tell us how many calories are in a set serving?

14. viveka says:

Recipe looks really good. can you use cocoa powder instead of the chocolate chips?

15. Laura S says:

Ok.. hopefully this will format and not all run together. I went over to Spark people and got the nutritional breakdown. (they have a recipe calculator)
    I used 16 tbsp for a cup per the conversion table. Smucker’s all Natural PB, unsweetened coconut and walnuts instead of raisins or cranberries. It ain’t purty but I figure most of us are going to indulge a bit here and there so, moderation is the key. I’ve broken it down into the figures (rounded up) for the entire recipe and you can divide it accordingly and, I’ve broken it into 16 servings also.
    Entire recipe in grams:

Sodium=55
    Carbs=31
    Fiber=3
    Sugar=20
    Protein=6

16. Scarlett says:

Wow, what a packed bar! I used it and tweaked it to make it less “candy bar” for my hubby and myself. I used natural nut butter, raw, unprocessed honey (better for you) I used only 1/4 cup. I toasted unsweetened coconut( that saved me sugar and fat) and enhanced the nut flavor. I used unsweetened cocoa along with 1/4 cup of unsweetened wafers melted with monkfruit (0 sweetener) mixed in it. (Again, saved me sugar). I also sneaked in chia seed and flaxseed to bump up the nutritional value. That way I can say I am eating healthy!!! Well, we can say that- moderation. They came out great. Even my 23yr son ate them without snide remarks. Thank you for the great recipe. This is a keeper. Now what can I add to it???

• jane says:

I add pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, rice krispies(in exchange of oats),chia seeds , craisins, nut and seed butter (instead of all peanut butter), whatever you want and all so good! Def. need to be kept in fridge and freezer . I triple the recipe and eat them right out of the freezer!

17. awsubs says:

I think that sun butter would work in this recipe, but it might give it a bit of a different texture and flavor.

18. Wow, what a packed bar! I used it and tweaked it to make it less “candy bar” for my hubby and myself. I used natural nut butter, raw, unprocessed honey (better for you) I used only 1/4 cup. I toasted unsweetened coconut( that saved me sugar and fat) and enhanced the nut flavor. I used unsweetened cocoa along wit

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy