MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17 Update

During the month of April, I’m encouraging my readers to participate in a 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge (read more here, if you missed my announcement about this challenge last week). Every week day morning at 9 a.m., I’ll post the daily project and every evening around 6 p.m. EST, I’ll post an update and link-up.

My apologies that this is really late. I spent a few hours at the doctor’s office today and it threw our schedule out of whack. But such is life sometimes and you just roll with it. 🙂

I decided to time myself to see if I could do all the light switches in less than 5 minutes.

Just under the wire!

Join in the Chatter

::Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post on linky below. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge Pinterest Group, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.

::Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? I’ll also be sharing some of my cleaning pictures on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #Cleanin30 to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!

Other posts in the 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge series

1. Join us for the 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge in April!
  2. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #1
  19. 30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #11 Update
  20. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Projects #12-14
  21. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #12-14 Update
  22. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15
  23. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #15 Update
  24. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16
  25. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #16 Update (And help! What do I do about the boy bathroom smell?!)
  26. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #17
  41. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29
  42. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #29 Update
  43. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30
  44. 30-Day House Cleaning Challenge: Project #30 Update

13 Comments

• Denise says:

I asked the Lord to help me accomplish not only the Day #17 challenge, but many other things today, and He did! So thankful for strength to work; I never want to take that for granted. Then we had a great Bible study at church tonight that topped it all off!

• I hope everything went well at the doctor’s office!

I had my kids help me with the cleaning today for extra allowance. They got it done in no time 🙂

• Marie says:

I did not clean the doorknobs and light switches today but cleaned all the craft supplies throwing out old markers, stickers, playdough, coloring books etc. It felt so good to get that all done. And my husband finially got to his stacks of papers in the office that have needed filing for over a year!!! I was actually able to vacuum the room now!!! I feel like so much is getting done even if it’s not exactly the same tasks. Since it’s suppose to snow (again) tonight we probably won’t be going to storytime tomorrow so I can do doorknobs then. I can’t believe the snow won’t go away! This is not normal, even for MN.!

• Em says:

Here in the UP of Michigan they are predicting 4-6 inches tonight and 6-10 inches tomorrow. If there is a snow day (I am a teacher) I hope to get some freezer cooking and some baking done! I try to clean while things bake or rise 🙂

• Shelly says:

I know when we have to be out and about with the kid’s doctor appointments it seems to throw the day off too. I always think we will have a quick appointment but they usually take longer than I planned.

My kids helped with the cleaning today and we included the phones too. I didn’t think they were all that dirty but the rags when we were done showed quite a bit of dirt. I am glad to have them clean.

• Victoria says:

I love it when you use the timer for cleaning purposes! It truly is very motivating for cleaning knowing that in …..minutes you are done no matter what, and it makes me work FAST and efficiently.

• I think a timer makes it fun. It does help to get things done faster for sure. The switch plates are very manageable and make a big difference in the overall appearance of your home. It only costs pennies to clean too.

• Haila says:

My 4-year-old was thrilled to help out with this one.

• Lana says:

Thanks for the reminder to do those chores. Somehow they have never gotten onto my master cleaning list. They were not too bad but it makes me feel good to know they are done. I also did the baseboards downstairs along with all the downstairs floors. I washed and rehung the curtains from three windows yesterday, too. They really did not look all that dirty until they were done and I saw how clean they were. Now I am planning to wash more curtains on Saturday when my husband is home to take them down and up for this shorty.

• erin says:

I almost didn’t do yesterdays challenge. I didn’t think my lightswitches and doorknobs were that bad. I’m so glad I did, and they really do look better now!

• Denise says:

Timers are great for cleaning and motivation. It always amazes me how much can get done in a short amount of time. Hope all went well at the doctor’s office!

Denise