MoneySavingMom.com

Taco Soup, Corn Chips, Veggies, Fruit
Corn Chowder, Olive Garden Bread Sticks, veggies, fruit
Steak, mashed potatoes, Olive Garden Bread Sticks, fruit
Ham & Bean Soup, Biscuits, Veggies, fruit
Dinner out
Dinner with extended family

What’s on your menu this week? Share details and/or your link to your menu plan in the comments.

27 Comments

1. We are doing some Christmas baking! Here are our must-haves every year!
    Oreo Truffles
    Sugar-Glazed Pecans
    Easy Fudge
    Snowmen Nutter Butter Cookies
    Whole Wheat Gingerbread Cookies

2. Melissa says:

Have you made the Olive Garden breadsticks before? I tried and failed miserably. 🙁

Here is our menu for the week:

3. Ashley says:

Don’t you ever eat leftovers?

• Crystal says:

Yes, typically for lunch. However, if there’s enough, I often freeze leftovers to save for another meal.

• Becky says:

I do that, too! Or, since my husband *always* takes leftovers for his lunch, sometimes I will freeze multiple lunch-size portions for my husband for those days when we don’t have leftovers from “last night” for him to take for lunch.

4. Trish says:

Here’s our menu plan this week.

We had taco soup last week. My husband’s late Mexican Grandmother’s recipe. So good.

5. Grazia says:

We tried a new slow cooker recipe – chicken tikki masala. It is a keeper! Here is the rest of our menu – http://smainavenue.blogspot.com/2012/12/this-weeks-menu-december-3-december-9.html

6. Marty says:

I made the muffins last week and was so excited only to realize I left out the sugar. They are edible but would be so much better with the sugar going to try again soon.

• Becky says:

I’ve done that before, too! And once I accidentally only included half the sugar in a cake. It was edible, but I definitely made sure there was extra frosting on it. 🙂

7. Victoria says:

Pinned the Holiday Bark recipe. There are so many variations of that recipe. I started making mine with saltines like you do about 12 or so years ago. Then a few years back I started making them with graham crackers and LOVE IT that way, but peanut butter and M&M’s that sound amazing!

8. Ashley says:

I’m gonna try the olive garden breadsticks and the bark .. hopefully I don’t burn it I over stir a lot. The whole wheat gingerbread cookies sound good too!!

9. Charity says:

Your menu looks so good! But I have to tell you, I’m going to blame you for any extra weight gained this pregnancy after linking to that Cookie Dough Bite recipe! I’m wondering if I use whole wheat flour in them if I can call them healthy? 🙂

10. Our menu plan is here: http://mylittlebitoflife.com/?p=5021. 🙂 Looking into those muffins!

11. I only post dinner plans, but here’s my link: http://wp.me/pQCuj-ef. 🙂

12. Shelly says:

This week I am making some of my family’s favorite dishes, Chicken Pot Pie, Turkey Soup from my freezer kit, Beef and Celery, Pizza and Curry Chicken.

I tried to make an easy menu this week to free up some extra time to make cookie dough for the freezer.

13. Jody says:

Those muffins look great! WHat kind of oats do you use? Old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats? Thanks!

14. Jessica says:

I really need to incorporate some holiday baking into my plans! I hadn’t thought of that until I saw that Crystal is making some good stuff for the freezer.

Here are our dinner plans with some recipes for the week:

15. K says:

I noticed that you and your family have at least one night when you eat out. Do you all look out for special deals, like kids eat free, in order to save on these outings.

Please, please understand that I by no means am suggesting that you don’t deserve the break! 🙂 I was just curious since you enjoy saving and not overspending. Also, I could possibly learn of some ideas/deals on how my family and I could eat out more often w/out overspending.

By the way, your menu sounds delicious, warm, and hearty.

• Crystal says:

We budget for eating out, so that’s where the $$ for it comes from. Sometimes, we use Kids Eat Free coupons (like from Chili’s), a coupon for the restaurant (like a Buy One, Get One Free offer), or a gift card (that we’ve been given or I’ve earned through Swagbucks). It varies each week, depending upon what’s available coupon-wise, what we’re in the mood for, and how much money we have in the Eating Out budget. 🙂

16. Susan says:

What changes did you make to the muffin recipe?
    Thanks,
    Susan

17. Melissa says:

I’m excited to find the muffin recipe. I’ll be making it this week for sure. Thanks!

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy