MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

$5 in free Toys “R” Us Online Movie Rentals

Toys “R” Us is now offering online movie rentals. You can use coupon code 5OFFMOVIE to get $5 off any movie rental. Most movies are $2.99, so you should be able to get a completely free rental with this coupon code.

Thanks, The Freebie Blogger!

27 Comments

• Gina says:

where do we use this coupon online? redbox? through cable or sat. company?

• Heather says:

Hmm. The link doesn’t work for me. Am I the only one?

• Ashlee says:

The code offer on the site says NOT valid on rentals, only on purchases. I didn’t try but it shouldn’t work.

• Crystal says:

The offer posted worked for me. The SAVEFIVE offer on their site didn’t work, but 5OFFMOVIES that I posted did. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

• L says:

It says it’s only good on video purchases, not rentals. Most of the videos I looked at were $19.99 to purchase.

• Joy says:

I clicked through to the website, and the $5 off code is only valid if you purchase a movie. Not sure if they changed it or what, but just wanted to give others the heads up 🙂

• Crystal says:

Did you get a message that it wasn’t valid when you entered the code? It worked for me and others earlier, so I’m just checking. Thanks!

• Celia Husmann says:

It does appear to be regional. I “purchased” the movie. Then when I tried to play it, here is the error message I received, “Title not found or movie cannot be played in this region. ErrorID: 3305,515”

• Heather says:

Actually, they just sent me a confirmation email that said they charged me 4.99. Now I’m a little worried…

• Crystal says:

Ugh! I have no idea what’s up with that. I hope you’re able to get it straightened out. I’m so sorry! 🙁

• Heather says:

Not your fault! 🙂 They said they weren’t charging me, so they better refund my money! I will politely insist. 🙂

• Heather says:

a google search pulls up a bunch of unhappy people who also got charged, despite a confirmation screen showing they owed nothing. Most got their money refunded, but some did not. I’m still waiting to talk to customer service. It’s probably best to avoid the hassle on this one.

• Rachel says:

The one on the website is for purchasing only. This one you posted appears to work fine on rentals…however, even though it said charge was zero when I hit submit, I do still show a $4.99 pending charge on my banking website.

• Crystal says:

I’m SO sorry for the issue. I just marked this post as expired so that other people wouldn’t have to deal with this hassle. Frustrating and not what I’d expect from a big brand like this. 🙁

• Heather says:

Thanks! It worked for me! I used the 5OFFMOVIE code, not the SAVEFIVE code. I had to create an account and enter my credit card info, but it confirmed that it was not going to be charging me. I found Brave for 4.99

• Heather says:

• Suzanne says:

I was able to use the 5OFFMOVIE code for a rental. It showed that I owed $0.00 for my rental. My husband also used it. $0.00 for the rental. It has since charged our cards for both rentals. No one is available via phone or chat. My sister had the same experience.

• Heather says:

Suzanne,
          I used their online chat. Had to wait about 30 min to talk to someone. They cheerfully refunded my money, gave me a confirmation #, said it would take 5-7 days. They offered me a free rental for the inconvenience, but I asked them to delete my account instead. If no one is answering tonight, just don’t watch the movie and try tomorrow. They’re getting a bit of bad press online, so I’m sure they will cooperate, they’re probably just completely overwhelmed right now.

• Staci says:

It’s allowing me to submit the coupon code, but not the order. I even tried adding a 2nd movie to get me over the $5 mark with no luck. I also tried two browsers. Did this happen to anyone else?

• Linda says:

I was able to use two coupon codes but ended up getting charged for 4.99 for each movie.
    Waiting to talk to the customer service now…

• Sherry says:

I DO NOT recommend getting this. I got the SAVEFIVE coupon to work. In my cart it said i had a -$1.01 total. It would not let me click submit. I tried several times and then just decided to give up. Assuming it just wasn’t going to work. Welllllll I just got an email confirmation that the $3.99 was billed to me (and I confirmed on my debit card). I wouldn’t have paid $4 for such a movie. Now I hope it at least plays…..grrrrr

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy