MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 9 Update

If you missed this morning’s assignment, find it here.

It was such a good day today. After a full and busy few weeks, today was a much quieter day — and I’m going to bed with everything crossed off my to-do list today (which I forgot to get a picture taken of on accident!). It feels blissful and it’s not even the weekend yet!

Two of today’s projects: Wiping down all the light switches and tackled the bathroom (this is pre-cleaning, it looked worse in real-life than it does in the picture).

To top off a great day: I stopped by Starbucks for their Buy One, Get One Free Holiday Drinks this afternoon for Jesse and I to enjoy tonight for our at-home movie date. Yum!

How you do on Day 9? I’d love to have you share your progress and success with us so we can be inspired. Either post a link to your blog post below or leave a comment with your update.

Other posts in the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified} series

32. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17
  33. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17 Update
  34. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 18
  35. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 19 Update
  36. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 20

13 Comments

1. I totally forgot about the Starbucks deal today until about 7:30 tonight….oops! There is still tomorrow 🙂

I got a late start on your challenge, but I’m hoping to be caught up by tomorrow night!

2. Dani says:

What a great treat for the two of you! Wish I would have remembered the deal!!

3. Elizabeth says:

I so wanted to do the Starbucks after work but I had to work straight through lunch and was shaking so I figured home to food was a better option LOL Perhaps tomorrow 🙂

4. Shelly says:

We did our light switches yesterday when the kids and myself were working on the door knobs. I did clean the bathroom today and then went outside to pick up leaves again. Two hours later the yard looked much better but I am sure it won’t stay that way long. But it is nice to enjoy it while it lasts. At least I can see the grass now.

5. Rachel Z says:

I’m being bad…sort of following along and sort of doing my own thing. Gotta be a little rebellious sometimes! 🙂 I am still SO appreciative to have some [online] accountability to getting my act together around the house though.

6. Victoria says:

I am going to Starbucks this afternoon with my daughter to enjoy the BOGO offer. She and I are looking forward to it. She loves Starbucks, so we have a standing mom and daughter date when the sales come on. After we pick up our drinks we are swinging by dollar tree so that she can use her own money to pick up some craft kits to keep her busy for the weekend.

7. Amanda says:

I’ve been following along daily. I just missed vacuuming because my sweet husband is the “vacuumer” around here. He’s the detail guy who notices the need a lot quicker than me! =D My kids have been helping some, too, and it’s been nice to get some of these things taken care of! Thanks!

8. Stephanie says:

I got the Gingerbread Latte and my daughter got the Caramel Brulee Latte (we used a gift card we earned from DisneyMovieRewards [my grandmother can’t stop buying DVDs, much to my dismay]) however, I was disappointed with both drinks. I rarely even go to the mall, but since we had an appointment to have a free family photo taken at JCP Portraits at 6, we just left early to get the deal. I tried not to be bothered for the kid’s sake, but in my mind it was going to be so yummy…. 🙁

9. Great idea to save them for you treat tonight! I forgot yesterday, but I’m going to pick them up today. It’s my son’s birthday party tonight (seven 5 and 6 year olds – yikes!), so I figure the hubs and I can use a little treat before the chaos!

10. Heather says:

Whew! FINALLY caught up! It’s been a crazy week for us as well, but I feel good going into today! 🙂 I also surprised my honey at his office yesterday with a Starbucks treat too…he was having a busy day and I knew he could use a little something special! So, with a drop off of the drink and a quick smooch I know the afternoon was much better! 🙂

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy