MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 7 Update

If you missed today’s assignment, find it here.

I’m really late… again. It was a long and full day of normal life, releasing my Christmas ebook (thank you all for sharing in my excitement for this project!), an appointment, an interview, and we capped the day off with dinner with all of my extended family to celebrate a birthday. We didn’t arrive home until close to 10 p.m. and I’m just now checking my email and comments and blogging.

Such is life sometimes! But I wouldn’t trade my life for anyone else’s, even if I don’t always get my blog posts written when I plan to. 😉

The good news? I did get pretty much everything done on my list today — and my house is clean, to boot!

I had some great help with my vacuuming project!

Silas is so “into” vacuuming right now that I sometimes have to ban him from the vacuum cleaner or I think he might run it for hours on end!

How you do on Day 7? I’d love to have you share your progress and success with us so we can be inspired. Either post a link to your blog post below or leave a comment with your update.

Other posts in the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified} series

33. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17 Update
  34. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 18
  35. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 19 Update
  36. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 20

15 Comments

• Liz says:

I sometimes forget that a to-do list doesn’t have to have 50 crossed-off things on it just for it to be a successful day. I feel so guilty sometimes by only accomplishing 2-3 things and not having a “showroom” house.

Even God broke His work down over 6 days AND rested on the 7th day. Maybe I should take that as my cue? 😉

• Angie D says:

Funny! I didn’t even see what the assignment was today, but it was definitely a vacuuming day over here! My vacuum saw places it probably had never been before. Yikes! Feels good. Glad you had a full and great day!

• Amy R. says:

Will be starting this challenge next Monday. I intended to follow along with you, but life happened… Since this challenge started, I had a death in the family for which I traveled 2000 miles roundtrip over 3 days, then my hubby decided he needed me on a 4 day business trip with him the very next day! One day home, then I coached a 2 day volleyball tournament. Needless to say, it’s been insane. I’m glad to be settled back home, and this challenge is perfect to help me get back into normal life! Thanks for keeping it manageable, Crystal!

• Andrea C says:

My 3 year old loves to vacuum too! Not going to lie, I use it as an incentive when he gets really stubborn. I figure that his love of vacuuming will probably not last very long so I should enjoy it now 🙂

• Rachel says:

I can’t believe how bad I was with last week’s goals. Here’s to doing better this week!

• K Quinn says:

I’m trying to get my post up. Lots happening today too. I got the downstairs vacuuming done. Upstairs might have to go until tomorrow. Maybe Peanut will do the stairs for me.

• Shelly says:

I love it that your little boy is into vacuuming. My son used to be a big helper with the vacuuming. But today he was more into playing than helping his sister vacuum. With the help of the kids, well at least one of them we were able to get the whole house vacuumed.

• Victoria says:

Love Silas and the vacuum cleaner so cute! I didn’t make it to my room of the week at all but I did do an hour yesterday and made great progress. Hopefully today will go better.

• Sherry Lochner says:

Vacuuming done! 🙂 Had to do some extra vacuuming on couch as we have two cats = lots of hair.

Have a list for this week ready. I’m hoping to “get er done”.

• Kristy says:

Aw, I love that Silas and Andrea C’s little one, and probably others, are obsessed with vacuuming. Not too bad a vice. 🙂

I keep forgetting to put homeschooling on my list because that is definitely a large part of what I look to accomplish each day!

• Tara says:

Send Silas to my house. I have a constantly shedding golden retreiver…there is no such thing as too much vacuuming at my house! 🙂

• Jean says:

I miss the days of my boys enjoying to help vacuum. I always thought they did such a better job than me.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy