MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 6

Welcome to the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified} series!

From November 5 to December 7 (skipping the week of Thanksgiving), every weekday morning at 9 a.m. EST, I’ll be posting the day’s assignment and then every evening at 7 p.m. EST, I’ll be posting my progress and pictures, along with a link-up for you to share your progress and pictures, too.

Day 6 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there’s something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life! Get your free copy of SarahMae’s ebook, Frumps to Pumps, if you need more motivation in this.}

::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and create a list of weekly goals. I’ll be posting my weekly goals later today along with a link-up so you can share yours, as well.

::Set the timer for 10 minutes and run through your home and quickly pick up everything that’s out of place and put it away.

::Set the timer for 10 minutes and clean out the inside of your vehicle. Remove all trash and clutter. If you have time, use a vacuum attachment to vacuum all the seats and floors out.

Take pictures of your accomplishments and blog about them, if you’d like. And then come back here at 7 p.m. EST to share your progress posts or tell us about your accomplishments in a comment.

Other posts in the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified} series

33. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 17 Update
  34. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 18
  35. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 19 Update
  36. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}: Day 20

31 Comments

• Erin says:

Amazing… I was planning to clean out the car today anyway!! It’s going to be 67 degrees, probably one of the last warm days of the year, so I figured I’d better take advantage of it. Gotta get out all the toys and crumbs, not to mention all the sand leftover from our summer beach trips…

• Megan says:

I was so nervous when I saw your post on fb. I’ve been keeping up so well (much to my surprise) and we have a pretty busy day today so a big project wasn’t going to fit. But hubs and I cleaned out my car this weekend!! Yay!! Even vacuumed! It was long overdue. And I can’t feel guilty about not cleaning the other car because its with him at work! Yay!! A 10 min pickup of the house is totally doable!

• Diane says:

Oh my husband just did this yesterday!

• KIRA says:

Shew…with the heavy rain and wind we are having today, and no space to pull my van into the garage, this might need to wait until tomorrow 😉

• It is raining here so I do not know if I will get out to the car. Thankfully before my husband went out of town the other week – he cleaned my car for me!

• Liz @ The HomeStyle says:

Yay! I get a free pass today. My husband got home this weekend, took one look at my goldfish-covered car floor, toy filled back seat, and finger-smeared windows and spent most of Saturday cleaning like a madman. It’s like having a brand new car now! I love it when he gets on those cleaning kicks. 🙂

• Davonne says:

Whoo-hoo! I just got the stuff and trash out of my van over the weekend! And it’s raining here today so I guess that means I get to skip the vacuum part for now 😉

• Joan says:

So glad to read the vehicle chore! Did that on Saturday being it was so nice out and it was forecasted to get cold and rainy today. Which it did and now it is snowing! I live feeling ahead in the game!

• Ashlee Wolfe says:

We sold both our cars in August when we moved to the city. I miss my car, but I do NOT miss cleaning it!! I have been meaning to clean up our car seats and wash the covers, so I’ll be doing that instead today. Even just being used here and there in relative’s cars they get so dirty!

• Meredith says:

Weird….I have my husbands car today so I could get an oil change, clean it out, and get gas for him. So mine won’t get clean today but his did!!!!! I may do mine tomorrow!

• Becky says:

No way. The temperature out there dropped from 60 degrees yesterday to a HIGH of 25 today… I am not going out there unless I have to. lol

• Elizabeth says:

Think I’m going to skip cleaning out the van my husband has it stuffed full of stuff his dad gave him and I’ve bugged him for 3 weeks that I want a place to put groceries. By golly I’m sticking to my guns on this one he’ll learn to put SOMETHING away and then I’ll throw a party because after nearly 13 years of marriage will have gotten him to do something! LOL — Or I’ll do it when it stops being wet outside that’s probably the more likely scenario 🙂

• Marie says:

It’s 20degrees here today!! And snow fluries! But I can pull the car in the garage so this is totally doable at nap time today!! Fortunately, I just have to do a light cleaning as my husband took everything out and vacuumed last satuday when we turned the carseats into buster seats!!!

• Mackenzie says:

My car is a mess! This is a good task for today 🙂

• Shelly says:

My husband took the van to work today so I will clean our other car in the garage. He will be so happy as he just wiped it down last night after he drove home in the rain. So with the inside done the car will look great.

The van isn’t too bad we cleaned out all the paper and hand wipes yesterday and also organized all the reuseable shopping bags so even the car we use the most is looking good too.

• Stephanie says:

LOL, I just did this yesterday! We got a random warm day so I cleaned out all three vehicles. Although I confess that I only cleaned my husband’s truck because he asked me to. I must say my eyebrows went up, but I happily did it anyway. My husband is not a slob, but he likes his things in what he would call specific areas, but to me it looks like random piles of useless junk, so he has never asked me to clean out the truck. Later, I figure out why, hunting season starts soon and his dad and brother will probably be in his vehicle at some point and his “items” would probably have been in the way 🙂

• Jamie says:

Oh, excitement! This is one I just did, so I don’t have to worry about it. 🙂

• Jennifer says:

This morning we did a huge purge of things…clutter, stuff we didn’t need and left a big pile outside for a Veteran’s donation truck to pick up that was making it’s way through the neighborhood. I still need to go through the toy room and see what needs to be donated, etc…before too long. My daughters bday is Dec. 31 and with Christmas 6 days before her bday we tend to accumulate many new toys and things in Dec.

• Mary says:

I did a thorough cleaning of both of our cars this weekend Cars look great – my husband thinks his dash looks brand new! But don’t do what I did – becuase I did such a thorough cleaning (it took a long time) …I ran out the battery of my van by leaving the doors open (interior lights on) while I worked on both cars! So I’m getting it charged this evening. We knew I needed a new battery and planned on getting one before winter starts anyway – just will do it sooner than anticipated!

• Jenny says:

I spent an hour and a half organizing our bedroom this weekend (pairing socks, wiping down furniture that had icky black dust… way overdue for a thorough cleaning) and today I’m taking my car in with a free coupon so I’m getting a bit of a pass on the challenge. Is anyone else feeling totally exhausted today?

• K Quinn says:

I looked in our car yesterday as we were heading to church and had the thought it needed cleaning…But it’s raining and cold here today. I will put this off for a while. It’s a good thing to add to the to-do list though.

• becky says:

ha got a head of the game!!! cleaned out the van yesterday!!! just got to vacuum it out now!!!

• Krystal says:

clean out all the trash every time I get gas- bout once a week. So my car is not to bad. Could use vac. Now my his car looks like a tornado went thru- he eats in his car more than I do. Looks like I know what I’ll b doing when he changes the oil tomorrow!

• Elizabeth Kane says:

I was sick today, but I still managed to pick up some clutter that had accumulated on the floor and on the furniture over the weekend. Thanks for these daily assignments – I made real strides last week.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy