MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Do It Yourself: Homemade Laundry Color-Catchers

OneGoodThingByJillee.com shows you how to make homemade laundry color-catchers.

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

7 Comments

• Wendy says:

Thank you so much for posting this. I was just getting ready to buy these this week. Plus I really love them I wash my cloth napkins together and they all colors of the rainbow. I am super excited. thank you again. yah

• Courtney says:

I LOVE Jillee’s recipe for Superfast and Easy Homemade Laundry Detergent! It uses liquid dish soap and is so much quicker and easier than the recipe I used to use {which required grating bars of soap}.

• Esther a homeschool mom in Mid-Michigan says:

Thanks so much for posting this Crystal 🙂
    I have been looking for a few years on how to make my own “Color Catchers” because the ones in the store have doubled in price since the first time I bought them 🙁
    I had been cutting the ones from the store in half which doubled the amount, still they are so pricey even with a coupon. Anyone who still buys them, Coupons.com has released a .75/2 Shout Color Catcher coupon. I found it by leaving the zip code blank. My coupon is being donated to the coupon box in my local library.
    Like so many posts you share, this one is perfect timing for me!
    God Bless!

• Michelle says:

Another alternative that is cheaper than Shout, but not homemade is the Carbona (I believe that is the brand) reusable color catcher. I found it at Walmart next to the Shout the last time I was looking for color catcher. It is good for 30 washes and works out for less than the shout.

• Tabitha says:

Jillee is always coming up with great frugal ways of doing things! I just love it!

• Mel says:

I don’t try many homemade things like laundry soap, etc. but this is one I’m going to try. I love the shout color catchers but they are too expensive – thanks!

• Sarah says:

I just wash in cold. I’ve never worried about colors bleeding…

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy