MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

10 goals for this week

Last week’s goals:

Family/Mothering Goals

1. Finish reading Stuart Little aloud to the children.

2. Enjoy our vacation with extended family at the lake in Arkansas.

Personal Goals

3. Start and finish reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Life You’ve Always Wanted, and The Mom Walk.

4. Exercise at least five times.

Homemaking Goals

5. Type up our new Fall Schedule.

Business Goals
6. Write at least two articles for other blogs/sites.

Here are my 10 goals for this week:

Family/Marriage/Mothering Goals

1. Finish reading Stuart Little aloud to the children. Start a new read-aloud book.

2. Begin our Fall homeschool schedule.

3. Write a love note to Jesse.

4. Have a date night on Thursday.

Personal Goals

5. Start and finish reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Satisfy My Thirsty Soul, Running For My Life, Eats, Shoots, and Leaves, and Love Does. (And yes, I’m pretty positive I won’t get through all of these, but I’m aiming high anyway! :))

6. Exercise at least five times.

Homemaking Goals

7. Try at least two new recipes.

8. Start a new handwork project (trying to decide between knitting a new dishcloth pattern or redwork on a tea towel. I’ll let you know what I decide!)

Business Goals

9. Write at least two articles for other blogs/sites.

10. Do the final edits to my new ebook on self-discipline (more details coming soon!)

How did you do on last week’s goals? What are your goals for this week? I’d love to have you share your progress on last week’s goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you’ve blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let’s cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives!
You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.

23 Comments

• Trish says:

I LOVED Running for My Life! Talk about a moving and motivating inspiration to not take anything we have for granted.

Amazing read, to identify God’s very constant presence in all of our lives.

• Katie Haney says:

I’ve heard The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is really good! I’m excited to hear how you like those books!

• It always amazes me how much reading you get done each week. I’m lucky if I get one book finished in a week let alone several!

I heard “Running For My Life” was a fantastic book. It’s on my LONG list of “must reads.” 🙂

• Abby says:

Im fairly new to Money Saving Mom, and I applaud you for stating your goals on such a public forum every week! That takes guts, but probably also makes for great accountability. I’m sure there’s something freeing about making 10 [realistic] goals, too– you don’t have to accomplish EVERYTHING the week; just focus on these 10 things. Love it! Going to make my list now!

• Crystal says:

It’s some of the best accountability ever! I also post my yearly goals and do a monthly update — which is where a lot of these smaller goals originate from. Thanks for your kind encouragement — and welcome!

• Can we put in a vote for the redwork? 🙂

I’m a redwork fan 🙂

• Diane Kratz says:

I can’t stop picking up good books before I finish the last one. I make myself crazy doing
    this! I am reading “Passages”, “48 days to a job you love”, “Eat Pray Love”, “Inner Compass”, “Love and Respect” and probably a few more on my bookshelves waiting. Perhaps I should make a goal to include finishing one book a week?

• I’ve been trying to get a hold of Satisfy My Thirsty Soul by Linda Dillow for a few months now…ever since I finished Calm My Anxious Heart. It’s always checked out at the library and they won’t let me put a hold on it while it’s checked out!

Can’t wait to hear how you liked these books 🙂

• My main goal for the week is to sew a new church dress for my daughter from an old-hand-me-down sheet and a hand-me-down curtain panel (the curtain is a sheer floral and the sheet will be the lining).

I also have 2 other dresses to finish that are almost done that I intend to finish this week,

• Andrea says:

Just wondering? I hope this isn’t too personal, but where do you get all your books from that you read so quickly? Do you weekly visit the library for free? purchase at bookstore and then use them to build your home library? or use an e-reader, or received as gifts or promos..I see a stack there, I think I’ve seen a stack before too..just curious & being snoopy if you purchase a couple hundred books each year and have glorious book shelves somewhere! 🙂

• Crystal says:

I typically use the library first, paperbackswap second, and Amazon’s or Barnes & Noble’s Used Book program last (you can usually pick up most books for a few dollars through those — spending a little on books each month is one of my monthly “splurges”). I rarely purchase a book new unless I want to support an author and/or already know it’s a book I am going to want to read and loan out over and over again.

• Andrea says:

Ah, thank you 🙂
        I knew you were smart like that! lol-don’t know why I pictured you buying dozens new off the shelf.
        Our library runs books sales every so often for $5 bag, drops to $2 bag, then free after a few weeks. This summer I was able to get 3dozen for free- really good ones too (I did donate $ and my kids received free vhs movies & kids books too). But those are usually as good as it gets for near free.

Anyway, thanks Crystal! I consider “books” one of my top #three luxuries. 🙂

• Jody says:

Looking forward to the new ebook!

• Joyce says:

Love Does is a great book. My husband (who does not enjoy reading books) is loving it as well!

• Lorraine says:

Love, love, *LOOOVE* “Guernsey Literary + Potato Peel Pie Society” … a really strange title until you’ve read it. It can be done in snippets because it’s a series of letters back-and-forth (kind of like “#10 Charing Cross Road”), and have given it to many friends!

• Amy Looney says:

We had something going on every day last week, so my goals went no where. I’m hoping this week will be much better!

• Nicole says:

Can’t WAIT to read your new eBook! Being more disciplined is something I am starting to seriously work on. I started realizing that a) I’m personally not disciplined enough, and b) most of the people I admire and look up to are extremely disciplined people. Reason enough for me to work harder at it!

• Shelly says:

This week I am working on cleaning and decluttering my home. I also need to get back into my Bible reading everyday and limit my eating after dinner this week.

I read Stuart Little to my daughter when she was little I need to read it to my son.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy