MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Dress like a cow and you’ll get a free meal at Chick-fil-A today!

Just a reminder!

Today (July 13, 2012), if you stop by Chick-fil-A dressed like a cow, you’ll get a free meal at Chick-fil-A.

If you’re too chicken to dress from head-to-toe like a cow, you can wear anything cow-related and you’ll get a free entree.

There are a bunch of pictures posted here from readers who dressed up like cows if you need ideas or inspiration for your costume — or if you would just like to get a little chuckle over the crazy things we frugal folks do for free food. 🙂

We’re just about ready to get all donned up in costumes and head to Chick-fil-A ourselves. I’ll post pictures later today for those of you who have been begging to see our cow costumes. I promise they aren’t anything incredible, but they should get the job done — and we use stuff we already had on hand!

15 Comments

• Wohoo! We’ve been looking forward to Cow Appreciation Day all week. Time to get dressed up (and escape moving boxes for a bit!)

• I’m excited to see!
    I chickened out last year :0 And they didn’t even give me a free entree or my giant cow purse!

• Laura says:

Can’t wait to see your pictures!

• WilliamB says:

Two more reasons to like ChickFilA:

1) They have a cow hat on their website to print out.

2) While the free entree is their breaded, fried chix breast, they’ll happily sell you something else for just the price differential.

• elizabeth says:

My 3 kids and I just got back from meeting up there with friends. We ended up getting the whole meals free. Then we drove thru Starbucks and got our free refreshers. What a great day, my kids feel so fancy!

• Courtney says:

My herd (six kids) and I went for lunch! Fun and I love that Chick-Fil-A tends to be so friendly. 🙂

• Mandy M says:

Your picture link doesn’t work.

• My girls and I dressed up and had so much fun. In fact we called it a Frugal, Free and Fun day as we added a few more free, frugal and fun events to our day. I did however pass on the Starbucks when I saw the length of the drive through lane but knew the milk shake I got with lunch was more than sufficient to make my day complete. Thanks for always posting such great giveaways.

Megan

• Emily says:

thanks, Crystal! I didn’t know about this today (though I’ve heard of it before). We had an Aldi run planned that direction already so we had an early lunch at 11…about $15 worth of free food, all served with smiles! Really yummy!

• We went for the first time today. It was fun and totally worth it! Our Chick-fil-A also handed out samples of lemonade, cookies, and had a free coupon spinny-wheel-thingy. I got a coupon for a free sandwich! I heart free food!!!!

• Lesley says:

We are headed there now. This will be our third year doing this. My girls love it and they are 16, 15 and 13. We printed our costumes off the Chick-fil-a site. I know, not very original, but the cow costume my middle daughter wore for Halloween when she was 2 doesn’t fit anymore! Haha!

• Blaire says:

We did this today, using the cow costume you can print from their website. Got the larger size kids meals, and they let you pick any adult meal, even larger count size, as well. the cow mascot was there to shake hands, and they gave dessert samples. So fun!

• Colleen says:

We decked out in cow stuff and our Chick-fil-a was awful about giving us a free meal. The people in front of us just had ears and they got a free combo and we were full dressed and they said we couldn’t have it. I had to to talk to a manager to get it… I am really disappointed in our Chick-fil-a.

• cj says:

we had a ball last year dressing up. i didnt know what day this year so missed it. much fun.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy