MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Free Healthy Lunch Ideas printable

{Corn Dog Muffins with all-natural beef dogs and homemade cornbread batter — so yummy!}

Struggling to come up with healthy lunch ideas? Laura from Heavenly Homemakers has put together a free Healthy Lunch Ideas printable with lots of great suggestions!

26 Comments

• Tara H says:

I just made Laura’s sloppy joe cornbread muffins for our lunch yesterday. They were really good!

• cheryl says:

Thanks for the recipe, I have one similar using Jiffy boxed corn muffin mix. I cut large pieces of hot dogs in the muffins. I had forgotten about it and it will be good to make again. I think it’s healthy if you use all beef or turkey dogs not to mention a lot of folks use hot dogs as meals not matter what type they are. This is an easy meal that kiddos love to eat actually Hubs likes it too.

• stephanie says:

I cannot wait to make these, my kids love corndogs so I bet these will be a big hit with them.

• Thanks for sharing the link, Crystal!

• Mary says:

I get Applegate Farms beef or turkey dogs for my son, which I suspect are more in line with what are shown here. There are good quality “hot dogs” out there, but they don’t tend to be the ones that are 1 or 2 dollars for a package.

• Emily says:

How are the Applegate Farms beef hotdogs? I haven’t tried them yet.

• Mary says:

Emily, I can’t speak from personal experience because the only meat I eat is fish, but my son likes them very much (he’s a young teen). I really like Applegate products in general for their quality and what they don’t have in them.

• Phallin says:

Thank you so much for posting this, it’s like you read my mind! I have been wanting more lunch ideas! We drive an hour to and from church and I like to have something easy to eat on the way home, these corn dog muffins will be perfect, we did homemade pizza pockets last week.

• Lauren D says:

These are so yummy! I haven’t made them in awhile, but I may make some this weekend.

• Beth says:

Thanks for posting! I am always looking for new lunch ideas for the kiddos!

• Thanks to you and Laura for this list! Lunches can become boring even after menu planning and putting a little thought into them. I always appreciate ideas & reminders like these!

• Jenna says:

I make something similar but I chop the hot dogs up into small chunks, mix them all through the batter, and then bake in a mini muffin pan. (If my husband is the one making them, he likes to sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top too.) Then they dip them into mustard with toothpicks.

• Lisa guyer says:

Am I the only one who cant get the printable list link to work?

• Marlene says:

It only prints out really teeny-tiny for me – I can barely read it! Trying again today, maybe it’s better – it’s not only you!

• Julie says:

About how long and at what temp should I bake these?

• Stephanie says:

I’m going to make these and freeze until we leave for vacation. We’re trying to be frugal and only eat out once each day (hotel has continental breakfast and we’ll be eating “in” with the food we bring for lunch). Our hotel room has a microwave and fridge so these will be perfect for the trip!

• Amy says:

just a suggestion (I’m trying to plan our meals for our vaca too!): eating lunch out is usually cheaper than eating dinner out, so maybe think about switching your ‘in house’ food for dinner instead of lunch. 🙂

• Laura says:

Cracked up when I saw the photo as it looked like fingers in a muffin tin! Am guessing the hotdogs taste better than the fingers would, lol!

• cathy S. says:

I had forgotten about these and we love them! I wonder if they would freeze well. hmmm.

• cathy S. says:

Alas, the recipe says they freeze well, (at the bottom) ha ha! Yay for a freezable lunch idea! Thanks!

• Shelly says:

These look really good. I will have to make them for my kids. My son just loves corndogs.

• jamie says:

Target has Hebrew National Hotdogs on sale this week for Memorial day. I rarely find them under $4 a package so I stocked up. Making these for the freezer is the perfect thing to do with them! And it would put my boys at one hotdog per lunch instead of 1.5…with all that bread. Yay! Thank you!

• Patty says:

Thank you! Now I can expand beyond sandwiches and pastas.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy