MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #1

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home

Spring is here and with that comes fresh resolve to get my home and life in better order. I’ve set aside the month of April to really focus on organization in my home and life. And I’d love for you to join me!

So in April, every weekday morning at 9 a.m. EST, I’ll be posting the day’s assignment and then every evening at 9 p.m. EST, I’ll be posting my progress and pictures, along with a link-up for you to share your progress and pictures, too.

Day 1 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there’s something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life! Get your free copy of SarahMae’s ebook, Frumps to Pumps, if you need more motivation in this.}

::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and make a list of 5-10 goals for this week.

::Complete your morning routine {if you don’t have a morning routine, take some time to create one today! Read my How to Develop a Routine That Works–And Stick With It series for step-by-step help.}

::Set the timer for 15 minutes and quickly pick up the main living areas of your home.

::Clean out your purse and/or diaper bag.

::Find 7 items to get rid of today. Throw them out, stick them in a donate or garage sale box, give them to a friend who can use them, or list them on Craigslist or eBay.

Note: If you work outside the home or have a really busy week with little time for extra projects, just do the bolded project above.

photo credit

32. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #18
  33. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #18 Update
  34. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #19
  35. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #19 Update
  36. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #20
  37. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Assignment #20 Update
  38. 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home Printable Checklist and Daily Email Reminders

97 Comments

• Charity says:

I’ll definitely join you for the bold print assignment only…my four littles keep me hoppin, so I’ll keep it simple. 🙂

• Amy f;) says:

anyone have a link to a site that condenses all the store frequent shopper cards into one card? My little wallet is weighing me down!

• jaime says:

I’m so excited about this series!

• I left this tab open all day so I wouldn’t just push this aside. 🙂 Just finished posting a bunch of donate items and cleaned out my purse. Thanks for this, Crystal!

• Jenny V says:

Starting a little late in the day but I’m with you now! This if a great plan – can’t wait to see what we all accomplish working together!

• Angie says:

Thanks for this! It helped give me a little push to get started today. I organized lots of clothing to consign and take to Goodwill. My closet (where I was stashing all my piles!) looks great!

• Vanessa says:

Amy F. There is an app available for iPhone called key ring that you can “download” all of your club cards on and then access them on your phone. I believe there is an android app also, but you would have to check that out if you have that type of phone! 🙂

• Michele P says:

Love this Crystal! Always more fun to do when you know others are working at it too! Can’t wait to see you speak in June in Richmond at the homeschool convention there!

• Angela says:

Thanks for posting for moms who work outside the home. Drying hair now, will do the purse thing before the deadline.

• Meredith says:

Love that you highlighted one goal, so that working moms can focus on that. I’m on spring break this week, so I got them all checked off! Yay!

• Lydia says:

Day one is complete. I think you gave us an easy day to try to give us hope that we can! Thanks 🙂

• andrea says:

I’m in – already completed Day 1 Assignment – and posted about it on my link below…. 😀

• Amy says:

Check list is done except I will wait for the 15 minute clean up until right before bed…it’s mainly kiddie toys from the playroom that are on the living room floor. They can take those up when they climb upstairs for bed. 🙂

• bobbi says:

Purse organized..check. cleaned out 2 drawers in my kitchen and got rid of more than 7 things that have bogged ne down. Love this! Spent 30 minutes/organizing tonight.

• Susan says:

Great timing, Crystal! I just bought a replacement purse today. (The same model as the old one, which was beginning to come apart.)
    It is small, so organizing helped to make for a smoother transfer of contents. I also made a goals-for-the-week list and a daily routine list. And, I tossed 7 items. Thanks for setting this up — I really liked doing your organization assignment(s) for the day!

• Christal Beyer says:

Crystal,

Way to go on a great blog post! I missed joining you on this yesterday, but I will do it today!! Thanks for inspiring us. 🙂

By the way, I’m loving your book-I’m about half way through it!

• Valerie Henry says:

Thanks for the push! I had already written my goals for the week on Sunday night, and I clean out my purse pretty much every other day (it’s small, and I can’t stand to carry a lot). My morning routine definitely needs work……I’ve fallen into unhealthy habits like sleeping too late and not eating breakfast, so I need to work on that. I didn’t do any cleaning, but I did do something I’d been meaning to do for some time: I listed 7 items on eBay last night. A win-win…..getting rid of clutter around the house and hopefully making a couple of bucks! Thanks!

• Linni says:

Thank you so much for doing this post! I tend to need a little push to get things done. My morning routine does need some help since I tend to be lazy and play the morning away with my toddler. My fridge and freezer look so nice now! I can’t wait to see what else you have planned for us to organize. 🙂

• Jen C says:

Decided to jump on board a week or so late thanks to spring break. This is a great idea! So far I’ve been able to clean out my purse and junk drawer at work!

• Chane says:

I started you challenge yesterday… to see my progress, look here: https://instagram.com/chane4oddoneout/

• Lisa says:

Love the post….Great ideas….
    One silly question….what kind of coffee/espresso brewer is pictured? Tell me more about it….

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy