MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Behind-the-scenes details on writing a book & the lessons I learned the hard way

I was interviewed by ShePosts recently about writing The Money Saving Mom®’s Budget.

If you’d like to get a little peek behind-the-scenes into when I wrote the book, what I learned during the process, and some of the mistakes I made, hop on over to read the interview.

11 Comments

• Wow! That is SO awesome that you were able to give all of your book proceeds to charity! I want to run out and get it just for that reason alone.

• Kathryn says:

Always love your transparency. Thanks for keeping it real and congrats again on your book! Is there a second one in the works? 🙂

• Sarabell says:

I am so excited to be publishing my first book in March… and what an inspiring read! Thanks for sharing Crystal!

• Tara Shobert says:

Hi Crystal,
    I received my David Ramsey package yesterday. I am so excited to use it. Thank you so much for offering the freebie for buying your book. I also love your book, alot of great advice in there, I’m already putting it to good use:)
    Thanks again.

• Stephanie Louis says:

Hi Crystal, congratulations on your book! I truly thank God for the blessing he has made you. I know that this book will bring hope and inspiration to many. I am in the process of helping a friend put together a small book of about 32-pages. What do you think about self-publishing? I’m looking for ways to save on printing cost.

• Franicia says:

Oh Crystal!

Thank you so much for introducing our family to Compassion International! We were going back and forth through different organizations and saw CI was the best Christ-centered fit for our family right now.

Thank you for your thorough review and enthusiastic support for the organization. God used you and your family to further sponsor more children. 🙂

For His glory,
    Franicia

• Franicia says:

Hi Crystal 🙂

I forgot to add that I completely agree with you on the outline process. I had been writing some of my books for years until I had a plan. It has blessed this whole book writing process so much.

I have my mock book binder filled with chapter divisions and made potential write ups for the covers with selling points. I even made my own bar code for the area that we hope to have one on so that it looks so much more like a book.

I did land any book deals like you did 🙂 (so happy God blessed you that way for those children!) but am going the self-publishing route for now as we try to spread more of a needed message about Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Franicia

• Franicia says:

I’m sorry I thought I had written that “I did not” land a book deal. 🙂 I’m sorry I’m posting all these comments.

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy