MoneySavingMom.com
FREEBIE LIBRARY!

Do-It-Yourself: Christmas Potpourri

Mindy shows you how to make your own Christmas Potpourri. I love this idea because it’s unique, consumable, and inexpensive. I may make some for us–and to give as gifts!

Do you have a fun and frugal DIY idea to share? I’d love to hear about it! Read the submission guidelines and submit it here.

10 Comments

• Marque McKey says:

When I click on the green “how to make your own christmas potpourie” link, I get a warning from McAfee saying its a risky site. So of course I didn’t open it. Is it possible to get the recipe to me another way. I don’t know if this is a fluke thing or if there is a problem with the site.
    Thanks

• Rachel says:

This is a cute idea! I do this often when my children eat an orange or tangerine…I throw the peels into a pan with a cinnamon stick on the stove and let it simmer….smells so wonderful in my home! Enjoy the smell year round as you consume oranges!

• Cate says:

I do the same thing! My mom always did that when I was a kid and I associate the smell so much with home. You can also do this in a small crockpot to avoid leaving the stove on all day.

• Tara says:

This is so neat!! I am looking for inexpensive ways to do things for people this Christmas so this is perfect! 🙂

• Courtney says:

Would this work with just the orange peels? I give out free samples at a local grocery and we are sampling clementines this weekend so I could save a whole bunch of peels. I am thinking of making some for all my tenants and other family members too.

• Beth says:

Limes can be pretty expensive, at least where I live. I think instead I would sub in a small apple. My mom always used apples with the oranges and cloves and cinnamon.

• Chelsea says:

Great idea! I think this would make a great hostess gift as well.

• coupon woman says:

I got this from a friend last year and loved it. It made our house smell wonderful, I could re-use it all holiday season, and it didn’t make me any fatter! 🙂

Money Saving Mom® Comment Policy