Last year, I shared dozens of ideas for homemade Christmas gifts that were posted on other blogs and websites. This series was so well-received that want to do a similar series this year. However, I thought it would be fun (and maybe simpler?) to host a series of handmade gift tutorials on MoneySavingMom.com.
But I need your help. Since I’m still working on developing my meager craft skills, I know there’s no way I could come up with 20 or 30 handmade gift tutorials (I’ll be doing good if I can pull off two or three that are presentable enough to share!).
So, if you have a fantastic handmade gift idea that you’ve not posted about on your blog yet, would you write up a detailed tutorial and take some great pictures and submit it as a guest post for the series? I’ll choose 20-30 of the posts we receive to share in the coming two months.
All posts must be received by November 15, 2011, to be considered for the series.
Before submitting your tutorial for consideration, please note the following guidelines:
- Submission of your guest post does not guarantee publication. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate a genuine interest in MoneySavingMom.com as a reader or follower.
- Posts must be original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged as it makes reading much easier.
- Please do not email your submission in HTML format or in a Word or text document. Simply type your post directly in your email and attach relevant images to the email.
- Please resize your images before attaching! They should be no wider than 550px wide.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions that require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site.
- Money Saving Mom® does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.
These guidelines are not intended to stifle your creativity, but to streamline our guest posting process. Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published!
If your tutorial is accepted, it will be posted sometime between October 15, 2011 and December 15, 2011. You will be notified by November 20, 2011, as to whether or not your tutorial will be published.
If you would like to submit your Handmade Christmas tutorial for review, please email it to moneysavingmom @ gmail.com (remove spaces) with “Handmade Christmas” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- Your URL (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post. Please note image placement and order.
- Attach any images you’d like to include (don’t forget to resize them first!).
- A short bio.
Subscribe for free email updates from Money Saving Mom® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!